It’s not white privilege, it’s economic privilege

So ODS and I looked up his favorite camp counselor earlier tonight. He is a soccer star at an Ivy League school. Just for fun, look up the rosters for top college team sports and check out the diversity. Every minority on the Harvard soccer team went to a top prep school.

The issue isn’t white privilege, it’s economic privilege. And I say this as a mom that spends $45k per year per child for private school, when we live in an outstanding school district.
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

I tend to agree. MONEY talks a lot more than skin color does.

I work in admissions for a $70k per year prep/boarding school and the vast majority of our students are not white or even American students. They are all Ivy League bound. It’s our job to insure they succeed we provide above and beyond the necessary help a standard high school would provide. Several of our students come on full academic scholarship so no matter what race/ethnicity if they deserve to come to our school we will facilitate them. Economic situation plays a part but we give so many scholarships to well deserving low income children.

So...are you saying white privilege doesn't exist? Racism is dead?
HURRAY!

Guest wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:23 pm I work in admissions for a $70k per year prep/boarding school and the vast majority of our students are not white or even American students. They are all Ivy League bound. It’s our job to insure they succeed we provide above and beyond the necessary help a standard high school would provide. Several of our students come on full academic scholarship so no matter what race/ethnicity if they deserve to come to our school we will facilitate them. Economic situation plays a part but we give so many scholarships to well deserving low income children.
Keep telling yourself that. My children’s school has a low income summer program that we donate our pool for. It’s a bunch of rich kids during the school year, regardless of their race.

KaiandKadensMama wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:21 pm I tend to agree. MONEY talks a lot more than skin color does.
I would give up my race well before I’d give up being wealthy, thin, attractive, smart, etc

Guest wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:37 pm So...are you saying white privilege doesn't exist? Racism is dead?
HURRAY!
I’m saying if you’re rich and have dark skin, you’re unlikely to struggle
NotACatfish
Marchioness
Marchioness

It’s both. You can have many different forms of privilege while not having others.

You don't think any of them had scholarship? You think rich black folks don't experience the effects of racism? You think institutionalised racism causes rich non white folks?

God, this post is the epitome of naivete.
Locked Previous topicNext topic