American Airlines blames girl, 9, who 'should have known' flight attendant planted hidden cameras: court docs

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

A 9-year-old girl "should have known" there was a camera hidden under the toilet seat by an American Airlines flight attendant, the airline's lawyers said in court filings.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/american-air ... 27996.html
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

https://apnews.com/article/american-air ... b9e6a5f4e2

With lawsuits like this and corporations like American, they don’t typically take a very active participation role in the litigations. It’s part of what they are paying for. The defense isn’t an uncommon, a person should have known hot coffee would be hot, a person should have known that thin cardboard placed in a 425 degree oven will catch fire. That a wet spot on a floor will be slippery. BUT this isn’t one of the cases, when it involves a sexual predator and child, should you ever use it as a defense. It’s extremely unethical imo.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s like the lamest “defense” I’ve ever heard 🙄
I “shouldn’t know” at 50 y/o that a creep planted a camera in the bathroom, let alone a 9 year old!
Just take some responsibility for crying out loud!
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:30 pm

A 9-year-old girl "should have known" there was a camera hidden under the toilet seat by an American Airlines flight attendant, the airline's lawyers said in court filings.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:58 pm That’s like the lamest “defense” I’ve ever heard 🙄
I “shouldn’t know” at 50 y/o that a creep planted a camera in the bathroom, let alone a 9 year old!
Just take some responsibility for crying out loud!
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:30 pm

Agree.

Blaming a child for a pedophile’s behavior is wild!!!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Did they fire this in house counsel? That's disgraceful.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:31 pm Did they fire this in house counsel? That's disgraceful.
They fired the law firm they had retained to handle the litigations and are using a different firm.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Would any of you have told your child if they were that young? This little girl didn’t know what happened to her. Law enforcement could have asked questions without telling her what happened to her. I just don’t think I could have told one of my children if this had happened to them. I’d try to protect her as much as possible from being traumatized.

ETA: Just for clarification I’m not excusing the predator or blaming the victim. Reading the different articles the list of trauma the civil suit states she’s experiencing and that she didn’t know until after she was identified…it’s just awful.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:37 am Would any of you have told your child if they were that young? This little girl didn’t know what happened to her. Law enforcement could have asked questions without telling her what happened to her. I just don’t think I could have told one of my children if this had happened to them. I’d try to protect her as much as possible from being traumatized.

ETA: Just for clarification I’m not excusing the predator or blaming the victim. Reading the different articles the list of trauma the civil suit states she’s experiencing and that she didn’t know until after she was identified…it’s just awful.
I don't think it's possible for the little girl to be completely shielded from the truth. But I probably would've tried.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It would be just if the Judge ruled that all American Airlines planes, boarding gates and ticket offices must prominently display a poster entitled "How to check if an American Airline staffer has hidden a camera in your toilet today."
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This
Pjmm wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:58 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:37 am Would any of you have told your child if they were that young? This little girl didn’t know what happened to her. Law enforcement could have asked questions without telling her what happened to her. I just don’t think I could have told one of my children if this had happened to them. I’d try to protect her as much as possible from being traumatized.

I don't think it's possible for the little girl to be completely shielded from the truth. But I probably would've tried.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic