Protest in Tel Aviv

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Della wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:15 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:42 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:48 pm [bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
"According to the White House, Israel told the U.S. that its Monday night operation in Rafah "was limited, and designed to cut off from Hamas' ability to smuggle weapons and funds into Gaza."

A major point made by President Biden in a call to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday was that aid continued to enter Gaza, White House national security spokesperson John Kirby said. "Israel has committed to reopen Kerem Shalom at President Biden's requests, and we need to see it happen soon."

On the hostage release negotiations happening in Cairo, Kirby said "a close assessment of the two sides' [Hamas and Israel] positions suggests that they should be able to close the remaining gaps," and that CIA chief Bill Burns is in attendance to represent the U.S.

Kirby noted that the U.S. did indeed communicate properly with Israel the conditions of the proposal. "We absolutely had sustained ongoing normal interactions, as we have throughout the beginning of this conflict, with our Israeli counterparts as the proposal was working through the process. Nobody was hiding any footballs from anybody, we were being open and transparent.""

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/202 ... 1706842438
Oh damn! 😯
It will be interesting to hear what Blinken says to Congress tomorrow when he reports on Israel's compliance with international law. Matthew Miller used a lot of "we're concerned" and "we want to see Israel do better" in today's WH briefing but did imply strongly that if Israel full on invades Rafah, arms may be withheld. He also stated that Israel has committed to open the Rafah border by tomorrow and allow humanitarian aid in along with needed fuel. Reporting is that US security force will take control of the Gaza side of the border but he refused to comment on that.

Also said that Israel calling for evacuation of 100,000 Gazans from Eastern Rafah is not sufficient and they must show that those who leave have a place to go with appropriate shelter, food, medical services, etc. At this time they have not demonstrated that. Also stated that Israel has to assume that more than 100,000 will leave Rafah and have enough services in place for the additional evacuees.

Whew. Things are happening quickly.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It doesn’t say they were doing it in hiding, it says the proposal was done unilaterally. Negotiating with someone for a deal and informing someone of a deal you’re making yourself are 2 different things. The U.S and Israel have indeed been working on a ceasefire proposal, no one’s accusing the U.S of doing anything behind Israel’s back. But the “proposal” that Hamas “accepted” wasn’t a proposal put forward by Israel and the U.S. It was a proposal that was made unilaterally by Egypt and Qatar and that it’s unacceptable- rightfully so. The thing is that the media and Israel haters are spreading the lie that this was a ceasefire deal that Israel had previously agreed to and now that Hamas agreed, Israel backed off. That’s a lie.
What’s the purpose of proposing such a terrible deal that no one in their right mind will agree to it? I mean, have you at least read it? Or are you just jumping on Della’s Israel hating bandwagon again? To release 33 hostages “dead or alive” in a period of 3 months in exchange for living terrorists? What stops Hamas from killing all 33 and handing over dead hostages who obviously can’t talk about their 7 months in captivity… nit that Israel hater will believe them anyway. Every stage of this “deal” goes on and on about how Israel should stop her attacks and retreat while Hamas doesn’t have to do anything. I would accept that “deal” if I was Hamas too. I get high rank terrorists like Marwan Barghouti, Israel leaves me alone so I can attack again the moment I please and all I have to do is release 33 dead kids? Bring it on…
I mean, can you see even a little how that’s not a “deal” that’s serious and meant for long lasting BILATERAL peace? And about the 100 other hostages? Screw them? Leave them to become Gaza’s fertilizer?

But in relation to the families of the hostages protesting, I can absolutely understand that they can’t see this over their pain. They hear “deal” and just means some hope for them. Even though the 33 lucky ones will most likely be getting corpses to bury. And I hope I’m wrong but I’m certain the women won’t be coming out ever.

"According to the White House, Israel told the U.S. that its Monday night operation in Rafah "was limited, and designed to cut off from Hamas' ability to smuggle weapons and funds into Gaza."

A major point made by President Biden in a call to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday was that aid continued to enter Gaza, White House national security spokesperson John Kirby said. "Israel has committed to reopen Kerem Shalom at President Biden's requests, and we need to see it happen soon."

On the hostage release negotiations happening in Cairo, Kirby said "a close assessment of the two sides' [Hamas and Israel] positions suggests that they should be able to close the remaining gaps," and that CIA chief Bill Burns is in attendance to represent the U.S.

Kirby noted that the U.S. did indeed communicate properly with Israel the conditions of the proposal. "We absolutely had sustained ongoing normal interactions, as we have throughout the beginning of this conflict, with our Israeli counterparts as the proposal was working through the process. Nobody was hiding any footballs from anybody, we were being open and transparent.""

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:03 pm It doesn’t say they were doing it in hiding, it says the proposal was done unilaterally. Negotiating with someone for a deal and informing someone of a deal you’re making yourself are 2 different things. The U.S and Israel have indeed been working on a ceasefire proposal, no one’s accusing the U.S of doing anything behind Israel’s back. But the “proposal” that Hamas “accepted” wasn’t a proposal put forward by Israel and the U.S. It was a proposal that was made unilaterally by Egypt and Qatar and that it’s unacceptable- rightfully so. The thing is that the media and Israel haters are spreading the lie that this was a ceasefire deal that Israel had previously agreed to and now that Hamas agreed, Israel backed off. That’s a lie.
What’s the purpose of proposing such a terrible deal that no one in their right mind will agree to it? I mean, have you at least read it? Or are you just jumping on Della’s Israel hating bandwagon again? To release 33 hostages “dead or alive” in a period of 3 months in exchange for living terrorists? What stops Hamas from killing all 33 and handing over dead hostages who obviously can’t talk about their 7 months in captivity… nit that Israel hater will believe them anyway. Every stage of this “deal” goes on and on about how Israel should stop her attacks and retreat while Hamas doesn’t have to do anything. I would accept that “deal” if I was Hamas too. I get high rank terrorists like Marwan Barghouti, Israel leaves me alone so I can attack again the moment I please and all I have to do is release 33 dead kids? Bring it on…
I mean, can you see even a little how that’s not a “deal” that’s serious and meant for long lasting BILATERAL peace? And about the 100 other hostages? Screw them? Leave them to become Gaza’s fertilizer?

But in relation to the families of the hostages protesting, I can absolutely understand that they can’t see this over their pain. They hear “deal” and just means some hope for them. Even though the 33 lucky ones will most likely be getting corpses to bury. And I hope I’m wrong but I’m certain the women won’t be coming out ever.

Stop.

"Kirby noted that the U.S. did indeed communicate properly with Israel the conditions of the proposal. "We absolutely had sustained ongoing normal interactions, as we have throughout the beginning of this conflict, with our Israeli counterparts as the proposal was working through the process. Nobody was hiding any footballs from anybody, we were being open and transparent."
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I want to point out that US CIA director William Burns was present at the negotiations in Doha over the weekend while Israel refused to attend. US claims that Burns was in contact with Israeli officials.

Here is the ceasefire deal agreed to by Hamas:

Based on details announced so far by Hamas officials, a copy of the proposal and an official briefed on the talks, the deal that the Palestinian group said it had agreed to included the following:
PHASE ONE
- 42-day ceasefire period
- Hamas freeing 33 Israeli hostages, opens new tab, alive or dead, in return for Israel releasing 30 children and women for each released Israeli hostage, based on lists provided by Hamas according to the earliest date of detention.
- Starting from the first day of the ceasefire, the entry of intensive and sufficient quantities of humanitarian aid, relief materials, and fuel (600 trucks per day, including 50 fuel trucks, of which 300 are for the north), including the fuel necessary for operating the power plant, trade, and equipment needed for rubble removal, rehabilitation and operation of hospitals, health centres and bakeries in all areas of the Gaza Strip, and the continuation of this in all stages of the agreement. During today's State Department press briefing, Miller stated that he had received assurances from the Israeli Government that fuel would be allowed into Gaza starting tomorrow or as late as Thursday
- Hamas will release three Israeli hostages on the third day of the agreement, and then release three more hostages every seven days, prioritising women if possible, including civilians and conscripts.
- In the sixth week, Hamas will release all remaining civilian hostages covered by this phase. In exchange, Israel will release the agreed number of Palestinian prisoners in Israeli prisons, according to the lists that will be provided by Hamas.
– Israel partially withdraws troops from Gaza and allows the free movement of Palestinians from south to north Gaza.
- Cessation of military flights over the Gaza Strip will take place for 10 hours per day and 12 hours on the day of releasing the hostages and prisoners.
- On the third day after releasing the first Palestinian prisoners, the Israeli forces will completely withdraw from al-Rashid street in northern Gaza, and all military sites will be dismantled.
- On the 22nd day of the first phase, Israeli forces will withdraw from the centre of the strip, east of Salah al-Din road to an area near the Israeli border.

PHASE TWO
- Another 42-day period that features an agreement to restore a "sustainable calm" (This seems to be the verbiage that was changed from the previous ceasefire agreement)to Gaza, language that an official briefed on the talks said Hamas and Israel had agreed in order to take discussion of a "permanent ceasefire" off the table.
- The complete withdrawal of most Israeli troops from Gaza.
- Hamas releases Israeli reservists and some soldiers in return for Israel releasing Palestinians from jail.

PHASE THREE
- The completion of exchanging bodies and starting the implementation of reconstruction according to the plan overseen by Qatar, Egypt and the United Nations.
- Ending the complete blockade on the Gaza Strip.
- Start of the implementation of a 3-5 year plan for reconstruction of the Gaza Strip, including homes, civilian facilities and infrastructure, and compensation for all those affected, under the supervision of a number of countries and organisations including Egypt, Qatar and the United Nations.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:25 pm

Oh damn! 😯
It will be interesting to hear what Blinken says to Congress tomorrow when he reports on Israel's compliance with international law. Matthew Miller used a lot of "we're concerned" and "we want to see Israel do better" in today's WH briefing but did imply strongly that if Israel full on invades Rafah, arms may be withheld. He also stated that Israel has committed to open the Rafah border by tomorrow and allow humanitarian aid in along with needed fuel. Reporting is that US security force will take control of the Gaza side of the border but he refused to comment on that.

Also said that Israel calling for evacuation of 100,000 Gazans from Eastern Rafah is not sufficient and they must show that those who leave have a place to go with appropriate shelter, food, medical services, etc. At this time they have not demonstrated that. Also stated that Israel has to assume that more than 100,000 will leave Rafah and have enough services in place for the additional evacuees.

I can't say I put much faith in Blinken and Miller. They can't stand the thought of breaking with Israel. I hope Biden does the right thing, but I won't hold my breath.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:08 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:25 pm

Oh damn! 😯

I can't say I put much faith in Blinken and Miller. They can't stand the thought of breaking with Israel. I hope Biden does the right thing, but I won't hold my breath.
Miller always seems like he's smelling something distasteful, lol. At some point they are going to have to go abide by international and US law. It was apparent, at least to me, in today's briefing by Miller that he was frustrated that Israel has put him into the position of having to disagree with Israel.

There is a clear path for Israel. Don't invade Rafah, agree to the ceasefire, agree to a coalition government and eventually work towards a two-state solution. I think that's what eventually going to happen but a lot of kicking and screaming along the way. The murky path is invade Rafah and screw the ceasefire and not receive arms from US. I mean, they could choose that. Interesting that Miller made a point that if arms were withheld, it would not be defensive arms used in Iron Dome. It's not like US is just going to leave Israel high and dry and I don't think they should. Arms used for defense should continue to flow but unless Israel signs the deal or at least shows up for the negotiations, arms for the invasion of Rafah should and will be a no-go.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

After today's briefing, I would change the headline to read: Israel hasn't crossed "red line" with current Rafah operation - yet".

Israel was put on notice.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

[bbvideo][
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic