Arkansas Governor signs new executive law to protect women.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:04 am
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:49 am Yeah, her handicapped class…And yet… there are no women who could compete in Usain Bolt’s class.
That's not a problem now. I don't see why it would become one.

The only reason for grouping sports by gender in the first place is to sort by ability. Alas, it turns out that simple sorting system has failed us in so many ways, because now that we are not hidebound by religious bigotry, people can admit that the original gender classes don't work for everyone. We have to develop more sophisticated sorting systems, and pretending it can never be done is limiting people to the old bigotries and failing to acknowledge that not everyone fits.

I think we can reach a point where everyone can grow and stretch and strive and have a chance for glory in sports no matter their gender. We just need to work to figure out the best system.
I don’t think you’re getting it…

Once you get to the top most level of many sports, men are bigger, faster and stronger. The fastest woman was 5’7, the fastest man is 6’5… the best female heavyweight is 165 pounds, the best male heavyweight is 278 pounds.

In your method of being more fair, women will never again have a chance at being in those uppermost levels.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:10 am
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:02 am The BEST female heavyweight boxer right now is Clarissa Shields weighing in at 165 pounds…

The BEST male heavyweight boxer right now is Tyson Fury weighing in at 278 pounds…

So f**k you to all women who have worked their whole lives for this, you don’t get to be heavyweights anymore because there’s no chance you’re going to be able to compete against the men… sure, heavyweight boxers make the most money, but you’re not good enough.., so go sit down.
I'm really not heartbroken at the thought of changing the name of a class. Right now it's f**k you to all transgender athletes, and there are probably more of them than there are female heavyweight boxers. Why is it okay to f**k and exclude transgender people to maintain your world of perfectly matched gender sports?
Of course you don’t give a shit, because it’s not something you’ve worked your whole life to achieve… you’re just trying to suggest rules that everyone else should go by EVEN THOUGH you don’t really give a shit or know what you’re talking about…

Your last question is basically a rewording of “why should we care if sports are fair” like it’s a brand new concept that physical ability matters in sports…
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:14 am
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:49 am Yeah, her handicapped class…And yet… there are no women who could compete in Usain Bolt’s class.

The only reason for grouping sports by gender in the first place is to sort by ability. Alas, it turns out that simple sorting system has failed us in so many ways, because now that we are not hidebound by religious bigotry, people can admit that the original gender classes don't work for everyone. We have to develop more sophisticated sorting systems, and pretending it can never be done is limiting people to the old bigotries and failing to acknowledge that not everyone fits.

I think we can reach a point where everyone can grow and stretch and strive and have a chance for glory in sports no matter their gender. We just need to work to figure out the best system.

Once you get to the top most level of many sports, men are bigger, faster and stronger. The fastest woman was 5’7, the fastest man is 6’5… the best female heavyweight is 165 pounds, the best male heavyweight is 278 pounds.

In your method of being more fair, women will never again have a chance at being in those uppermost levels.
Oscar Collazo will never have a chance at being the heavyweight champion of the world. He is STILL in the uppermost levels, the strawweight champion of the world. That's nothing to be ashamed of.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:17 am Of course you don’t give a shit, because it’s not something you’ve worked your whole life to achieve… you’re just trying to suggest rules that everyone else should go by EVEN THOUGH you don’t really give a shit or know what you’re talking about…

Your last question is basically a rewording of “why should we care if sports are fair” like it’s a brand new concept that physical ability matters in sports…
Do you think trans athletes should be excluded?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:21 am

Oscar Collazo will never have a chance at being the heavyweight champion of the world. He is STILL in the uppermost levels, the strawweight champion of the world. That's nothing to be ashamed of.
I don’t know how better to say it…

Either you understand that there will be a class women can never compete in and you’re fine with that, or you literally cannot understand what it would mean for women to never be able to be in the heavyweight class again.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:24 am
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:17 am Of course you don’t give a shit, because it’s not something you’ve worked your whole life to achieve… you’re just trying to suggest rules that everyone else should go by EVEN THOUGH you don’t really give a shit or know what you’re talking about…

No, I think we should make a whole category for them… because let’s face it, it’s not fair to female to male transgender people who aren’t able to compete as heavyweights either…
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:25 am

Either you understand that there will be a class women can never compete in and you’re fine with that, or you literally cannot understand what it would mean for women to never be able to be in the heavyweight class again.
There may well be a class that women could never compete in, but that exists now and it doesn't bother me or you. Yes, the heavyweights and the largest classes would likely be all men - until one admits that they are actually a woman, it could happen - and that's fine. It would never stop anyone else from playing against people their own size.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:27 am
SallyMae wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:24 am

No, I think we should make a whole category for them… because let’s face it, it’s not fair to female to male transgender people who aren’t able to compete as heavyweights either…
I'm fine with that too.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:29 am

There may well be a class that women could never compete in, but that exists now and it doesn't bother me or you. Yes, the heavyweights and the largest classes would likely be all men - until one admits that they are actually a woman, it could happen - and that's fine. It would never stop anyone else from playing against people their own size.
Women DO have a heavyweight class…
You would take that away from them, because you just don’t care…
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:32 am
SallyMae wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:29 am

Women DO have a heavyweight class…
You would take that away from them, because you just don’t care…
Try not to get too upset, I already said I think your suggestion is a possibility too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic