Arkansas Governor signs new executive law to protect women.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:34 am
Della wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:26 am
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:15 am

Fact is, the male body differs from the female body and that equates to a benefit for the top athletes.

No one seems to be able to answer… maybe you can,

Why do you think Flo Jo was slower than Usain Bolt?
Is it because she didn’t try hard enough, or train hard enough, or is it because Usain Bolt had a physical advantage?
Did they compete?
When a track star runs the 100 meter, they record the time.
That is how they determine “fastest in the country” or “fastest in the world”

It does not mean they competed against everyone in the country.

SO AGAIN… why do you think Flo Jo had a slower time than Usain Bolt?

Lol anything to avoid the question… almost like if you answer the question legitimately, you would have to admit something you don’t want to admit..,
I've never said males and females are the same.

How do you feel about females in the military?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:40 am
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:36 am
SallyMae wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:23 am

Not because I don't believe men and women's bodies differ. All human bodies differ and sports are already divided into categories by difference.
The best female track star vs the best male track star…

Can that competition be held fairly?

No…

So once again, women have to take a backseat to men in your perfect world.
The best strawweight boxer vs. the best heavyweight boxer...

No...but gender has nothing to do with it, and strawweight boxers are not taking a backseat to heavyweights. They are just competing in a different class, that's all.
There are no women who could compete with Usain Bolt.

There are PLENTY of heavyweight men who can compete with other heavyweight men. Women heavyweights do not even come close to being the same weight as men.

Your method would handicap women and make sure they never have a chance at competing against the best…therefore they would never be the best again…
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:46 am There are no women who could compete with Usain Bolt.

There are PLENTY of heavyweight men who can compete with other heavyweight men. Women heavyweights do not even come close to being the same weight as men.

Your method would handicap women and make sure they never have a chance at competing against the best…therefore they would never be the best again…
No, Flo Jo could still beat men in her class.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:41 am
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:34 am
Della wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:26 am

Did they compete?
When a track star runs the 100 meter, they record the time.
That is how they determine “fastest in the country” or “fastest in the world”

It does not mean they competed against everyone in the country.

SO AGAIN… why do you think Flo Jo had a slower time than Usain Bolt?

Lol anything to avoid the question… almost like if you answer the question legitimately, you would have to admit something you don’t want to admit..,
I've never said males and females are the same.

How do you feel about females in the military?
I think women can pull a trigger just as fast as men, or repair a vehicle, or program a missile.

It’s a bullshit comparison because you refuse to answer the actual question.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:47 am
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:46 am There are no women who could compete with Usain Bolt.

No, Flo Jo could still beat men in her class.

Yeah, her handicapped class…And yet… there are no women who could compete in Usain Bolt’s class.

So now we’ve got a class of athletes of just men who can compete as fastest, and then The rest of everyone else…
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:40 am
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:36 am
SallyMae wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:23 am

Not because I don't believe men and women's bodies differ. All human bodies differ and sports are already divided into categories by difference.
The best female track star vs the best male track star…

No…

So once again, women have to take a backseat to men in your perfect world.
The best strawweight boxer vs. the best heavyweight boxer...

No...but gender has nothing to do with it, and strawweight boxers are not taking a backseat to heavyweights. They are just competing in a different class, that's all.
Boxing, wrestling, MMA are completely different animals in sports. What you are advocating for is complete dilution of a competition pool. Then what do you do with team sports, start demanding that each team has so many women on them? I have competitive athletes - I have a daughter who has competed track, I have a son who competes at hockey, and box lacrosse, I have two daughters that dance. If I asked them if they want their sports broken down into six or seven levels based on height, weight, and such I can guarantee their answer would be no.

You cannot have a unisex boxing even based on weight - a man typically has 25% to 55% more strength in their upper body. So if you think this would be a fair fight you are dreaming.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The BEST female heavyweight boxer right now is Clarissa Shields weighing in at 165 pounds…

The BEST male heavyweight boxer right now is Tyson Fury weighing in at 278 pounds…

So f**k you to all women who have worked their whole lives for this, you don’t get to be heavyweights anymore because there’s no chance you’re going to be able to compete against the men… sure, heavyweight boxers make the most money, but you’re not good enough.., so go sit down.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:49 am Yeah, her handicapped class…And yet… there are no women who could compete in Usain Bolt’s class.
That's not a problem now. I don't see why it would become one.

The only reason for grouping sports by gender in the first place is to sort by ability. Alas, it turns out that simple sorting system has failed us in so many ways, because now that we are not hidebound by religious bigotry, people can admit that the original gender classes don't work for everyone. We have to develop more sophisticated sorting systems, and pretending it can never be done is limiting people to the old bigotries and failing to acknowledge that not everyone fits.

I think we can reach a point where everyone can grow and stretch and strive and have a chance for glory in sports no matter their gender. We just need to work to figure out the best system.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:54 am
SallyMae wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:40 am The best strawweight boxer vs. the best heavyweight boxer...

Boxing, wrestling, MMA are completely different animals in sports. What you are advocating for is complete dilution of a competition pool. Then what do you do with team sports, start demanding that each team has so many women on them? I have competitive athletes - I have a daughter who has competed track, I have a son who competes at hockey, and box lacrosse, I have two daughters that dance. If I asked them if they want their sports broken down into six or seven levels based on height, weight, and such I can guarantee their answer would be no.

You cannot have a unisex boxing even based on weight - a man typically has 25% to 55% more strength in their upper body. So if you think this would be a fair fight you are dreaming.
It would have to be based on more than just weight.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:02 am The BEST female heavyweight boxer right now is Clarissa Shields weighing in at 165 pounds…

The BEST male heavyweight boxer right now is Tyson Fury weighing in at 278 pounds…

So f**k you to all women who have worked their whole lives for this, you don’t get to be heavyweights anymore because there’s no chance you’re going to be able to compete against the men… sure, heavyweight boxers make the most money, but you’re not good enough.., so go sit down.
I'm really not heartbroken at the thought of changing the name of a class. Right now it's f**k you to all transgender athletes, and there are probably more of them than there are female heavyweight boxers. Why is it okay to f**k and exclude transgender people to maintain your world of perfectly matched gender sports?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic