If we want to go to Florida in November

mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Depends on what temperature of water you prefer to swim in. I wouldn’t be swimming in the ocean or non heated pool in November, but that’s me.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:09 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:19 pm I know it can get pretty chilly in November in Florida but if we go further south, will it be warm enough to swim?

I'm trying to plan a corporate retreat for approximately 36 people but all of the properties large enough to accommodate us (we would prefer a villa as opposed to individual rooms) are in the panhandle. What do you think?
Don't pick Florida unless you are 100% certain that none of the 36 are bisexual or homosexual. (LINK)
Or if anyone in the group is Latino or looks Latino.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:33 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:19 pm I know it can get pretty chilly in November in Florida but if we go further south, will it be warm enough to swim?

I'm trying to plan a corporate retreat for approximately 36 people but all of the properties large enough to accommodate us (we would prefer a villa as opposed to individual rooms) are in the panhandle. What do you think?
Don't pick Florida unless you are 100% certain that none of the 36 are bisexual or homosexual. (LINK)
Or if anyone in the group is Latino or looks Latino.
True, we're losing fruits and vegetables too because of it. Not to mention construction labor losses.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think it depends on where you live. We’re in Michigan and our cousin is in Florida. Every time she is saying it’s “cold” or “chilly”, and they are in pants and coats, we would be at the beach in shorts and flip flops.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Why? As a matter of protest?
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:32 pm

No.

Because you'd be giving members of the company a choice between tell the company "No, sorry can't make that event" and them knowing that tax on everything the company purchases in Florida is subsidising discrimination and hatred against them.

Personally, if I were bisexual, that isn't a vacation I'd enjoy no matter how good the swimming.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

We went to Sarasota FL for Thanksgiving break one year. We went swimming in a pool, and went on the beach and ocean and wore shorts every day. I forget what the temp was but definitely hot enough. Then we went back the end of June to July and it was awful and swampy!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:08 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:32 pm
No.

Because you'd be giving members of the company a choice between tell the company "No, sorry can't make that event" and them knowing that tax on everything the company purchases in Florida is subsidising discrimination and hatred against them.

Personally, if I were bisexual, that isn't a vacation I'd enjoy no matter how good the swimming.
So....boycot.

We're open to suggestions. Do you know where 36 people can swim and sun by the pool for 2 nights with meals and flights included for under $25K?
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:32 am We're open to suggestions.
I don't live in the USA, so I've no idea about prices.

What's the cost for somewhere like South Padre Island, Texas or Gulf Shores, Alabama?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic