Two MS-13 gang members convicted of killing a teenage girl in a satanic ritual in 2017 have each been sentenced

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:27 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:19 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:12 pm

the beast could be referring to his own ego or dick. Again NOWEHERE did HE say he was a Satanist. NOWHERE did he say it was a "satanic ritual" those are all false assumptions made by the prosecuting attorney. YOU CLAIMED that he said he was a Satanist and you have failed to provide evidence of your false claim.
Right… he was referring to his dick as the beast that required a sacrifice.

Honestly, sometimes this is like arguing with a chocolate covered faced child trying to argue that anything “could have” happened to the missing chocolate.. maybe aliens took it…
I feel like arguing with you is like arguing with someone with a pronounced Hapsburg jaw that insists it's not icky because you bred with your uncle and not your cousin. But you know, tomato tomahtoh.
I’m thrilled that you think I look royalty 😉
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:58 am she disrespected their shrine to the Santa Muerte, the Saint of Death.
Nuestra Señora de la Santa Muerte (Spanish: [ˈnwestɾa seˈɲoɾa ðe la ˈsanta ˈmweɾte]; Spanish for Our Lady of Holy Death), often shortened to Santa Muerte, is a new religious movement, female deity, narco-saint,[1][2] and folk saint in Mexican folk Catholicism and Neopaganism.[3][4]: 296–297  A personification of death, she is associated with healing, protection, and safe delivery to the afterlife by her devotees.[5]

through ethnoarchaeological researches by Kingsbury and Chesnut as well as archival work by Perdigón Castañeda, proof has been established that there are clear links between pre-Columbian death deity worship and Santa Muerte supplication. Veneration of Santa Muerte was documented in the 1940s in working-class neighborhoods in Mexico City. The New Religious Movement of Santa Muerte first came to widespread popular attention in Mexico in August 1998, when police arrested notorious gangster Daniel Arizmendi López and discovered a shrine to the saint in his home. Widely reported in the press, this discovery inspired the common association between Santa Muerte, violence, and criminality in Mexican popular consciousness. Since 2001, there has been "meteoric growth" in Santa Muerte belief, largely due to her reputation for performing miracles.[30] Worship has been made up of roughly 12 million adherents, with the great majority of devotees concentrated in Mexico, the US, and Central America. In the late 2000s, the founder of Mexico's first Santa Muerte church, David Romo, estimated that there were around 5 million devotees in Mexico, constituting approximately 5% of the country's population.

So, yeah, nothing at all to do with Satanism.

Which isn't to say that some nut-job who isn't religious and just wanted to look like a bad-ass might not care about the difference.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:12 pm

the beast could be referring to his own ego or dick. Again NOWEHERE did HE say he was a Satanist. NOWHERE did he say it was a "satanic ritual" those are all false assumptions made by the prosecuting attorney. YOU CLAIMED that he said he was a Satanist and you have failed to provide evidence of your false claim.

Honestly, sometimes this is like arguing with a chocolate covered faced child trying to argue that anything “could have” happened to the missing chocolate.. maybe aliens took it…
I feel like arguing with you is like arguing with someone with a pronounced Hapsburg jaw that insists it's not icky because you bred with your uncle and not your cousin. But you know, tomato tomahtoh.
Ouch.

No one can compete with you in a game of insults😂
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:10 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:58 am she disrespected their shrine to the Santa Muerte, the Saint of Death.
Nuestra Señora de la Santa Muerte (Spanish: [ˈnwestɾa seˈɲoɾa ðe la ˈsanta ˈmweɾte]; Spanish for Our Lady of Holy Death), often shortened to Santa Muerte, is a new religious movement, female deity, narco-saint,[1][2] and folk saint in Mexican folk Catholicism and Neopaganism.[3][4]: 296–297  A personification of death, she is associated with healing, protection, and safe delivery to the afterlife by her devotees.[5]

through ethnoarchaeological researches by Kingsbury and Chesnut as well as archival work by Perdigón Castañeda, proof has been established that there are clear links between pre-Columbian death deity worship and Santa Muerte supplication. Veneration of Santa Muerte was documented in the 1940s in working-class neighborhoods in Mexico City. The New Religious Movement of Santa Muerte first came to widespread popular attention in Mexico in August 1998, when police arrested notorious gangster Daniel Arizmendi López and discovered a shrine to the saint in his home. Widely reported in the press, this discovery inspired the common association between Santa Muerte, violence, and criminality in Mexican popular consciousness. Since 2001, there has been "meteoric growth" in Santa Muerte belief, largely due to her reputation for performing miracles.[30] Worship has been made up of roughly 12 million adherents, with the great majority of devotees concentrated in Mexico, the US, and Central America. In the late 2000s, the founder of Mexico's first Santa Muerte church, David Romo, estimated that there were around 5 million devotees in Mexico, constituting approximately 5% of the country's population.

So, yeah, nothing at all to do with Satanism.

Which isn't to say that some nut-job who isn't religious and just wanted to look like a bad-ass might not care about the difference.
So do you feel you have a better grasp of what happened here than the murderer, kidnap victim and prosecution?

Everyone talking about the murderers keeps saying things like they were trying to look cool… why is it so unbelievable that when he said she was a sacrifice to the beast, he meant it?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:14 pm

Ouch.

It’s weird seeing you like this…

With her it’s normal to jab insults back and forth, but watching you act like this is just… I dunno… sad.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:18 pm

Ouch.

With her it’s normal to jab insults back and forth, but watching you act like this is just… I dunno… sad.
I dish what I'm served. If you can't handle it maybe shut the f**k up and don't start shit you are ill equipped to handle.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:23 pm

Ouch.

I dish what I'm served. If you can't handle it maybe shut the f**k up and don't start shit you are ill equipped to handle.
I didn’t say anything about you…
With you it’s expected and not bothersome.. I do just jab back.

It’s just weird seeing her try to take up that “certain kind of sidekick” role… just doesn’t fit for some reason.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ouch.

I feel that adults on a debate forum should be mature enough not to hurl petty insults. You threw a punch. Bacon has a command of the English language that makes her responses to insults a chef's kiss. You should know better. I don't understand why that makes you "sad" but I'm just a starry-eyed hippy girl so what do I know🤷‍♀️
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:27 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:23 pm

I didn’t say anything about you…
With you it’s expected and not bothersome.. I do just jab back.

It’s just weird seeing her try to take up that “certain kind of sidekick” role… just doesn’t fit for some reason.
So that kid of picturing a kid with chocolate on the chin was what, poetic license? f**k off. Who do you think you're kidding.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:30 pm

Ouch.

I feel that adults on a debate forum should be mature enough not to hurl petty insults. You threw a punch. Bacon has a command of the English language that makes her responses to insults a chef's kiss. You should know better. I don't understand why that makes you "sad" but I'm just a starry-eyed hippy girl so what do I know🤷‍♀️
I think both bacon and I are ok with the jabs we throw at each other lol…

It’s just weird seeing you try to be that sidekick…
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic