Why Idaho's hospitals are having pregnant patients airlifted out of state

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/id ... rcna148828

6 in the last few months versus 1 in the entirety of last year. Because Idaho's barbaric abortion law does not allow for the health of the mother.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not to mention the number of OBGYN's that up and left the state due to the barbaric abortion law. Many hospitals completely closed their Labor and Delivery wards as well as a result of the law.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

In a press conference after Wednesday's arguments, Idaho Attorney General Raúl Labrador, a Republican, questioned accounts of doctors transferring patients. “It’s really hard for me to conceive of a single instance where a woman has to be airlifted out of Idaho to perform an abortion,” he said.

“Our law is very clear,” he said. “It protects doctors, it protects women, it protects unborn children, and it ensures that the doctors can use a subjective standard if they believe that the life of the mother is in jeopardy.”

😡🥸🤐
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That is just so wrong.
jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:22 pm https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/id ... rcna148828

6 in the last few months versus 1 in the entirety of last year. Because Idaho's barbaric abortion law does not allow for the health of the mother.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Della wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:35 pm In a press conference after Wednesday's arguments, Idaho Attorney General Raúl Labrador, a Republican, questioned accounts of doctors transferring patients. “It’s really hard for me to conceive of a single instance where a woman has to be airlifted out of Idaho to perform an abortion,” he said.

“Our law is very clear,” he said. “It protects doctors, it protects women, it protects unborn children, and it ensures that the doctors can use a subjective standard if they believe that the life of the mother is in jeopardy.”

😡🥸🤐
It's nightmarish. They sent women out because their water broke at 18 weeks, for example, leaving them at risk of sepsis and infertility, but because they weren't actively dying, the doctors were afraid to perform the standard of care, which is an abortion. The baby wasn't going to live anyway and making women go through additional pain and suffering until they ARE dying is unreasonably cruel and dangerous.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My husband was saying how glad he is that we had our last and he's had a vasectomy because while our area is pretty liberal, our state can be pretty republican and he would be worried about me being pregnant while reproductive health is so unpredictable.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Who is going to pay the bills for the medical airlifts?
The cost of the flights can exceed $10,000, and the transportation may also be considered out-of-network by insurance, increasing the share patients must shoulder themselves. One of the most common complications is when a patient's water breaks in the first two trimesters of pregnancy, according to Souza.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/id ... rcna148828
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:10 pm
Della wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:35 pm In a press conference after Wednesday's arguments, Idaho Attorney General Raúl Labrador, a Republican, questioned accounts of doctors transferring patients. “It’s really hard for me to conceive of a single instance where a woman has to be airlifted out of Idaho to perform an abortion,” he said.

😡🥸🤐
It's nightmarish. They sent women out because their water broke at 18 weeks, for example, leaving them at risk of sepsis and infertility, but because they weren't actively dying, the doctors were afraid to perform the standard of care, which is an abortion. The baby wasn't going to live anyway and making women go through additional pain and suffering until they ARE dying is unreasonably cruel and dangerous.
I was remanded to a hospital bed with my legs higher than my head, trying to keep my daughter growing after my membranes ruptured at 22 weeks. I developed sepsis and she decided on her own she was entering the world on her own terms. It was touch and go for a little while for those few weeks. I can't even begin to imagine the trauma of having had to be moved during that time.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Despicable! 😠😞
just an old coot 😉🌵
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic