Shameless brag post about my kid

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I know we all have unique, and well, just awesome kids. But I gotta just tell someone about this.

My middle son, an 8th grader, hydrated (thank you Oli & others for bringing something so simple up, it helped) before his meet, and ran a 5 min 21 second mile yesterday — this is the first season, he has ever run track.

This kid, the emergency c-section, premature, developmentally delayed, in EI, so many therapists, behaviors;, occupational, physical, struggling in school, so many IEP meetings, so many tutors, so many heartbreaking moments of him being called a retard by peers, his violence towards me, siblings, so many marital disputes with hubby over him, job changes to meet his therapy needs, multiple jobs to pay his bills, so much guilt, so many tears and fears for him.

I could go on and on. But it so rewarding to forget the past, and just be with him in the moment — see him experience this piece of regular adolescence. Words cannot capture my joy when I see him cross the finish line, with pride, have friends that accept him after the race, and that he has adjusted to the social norms of the sport.

Next week, we are retiring his IEP and switching him to a 504. I am just so proud of how far he has come and feel beyond blessed and lucky to be his mom.

Boring post, I know, but I am still glad this place is here, so I can share this.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Fantastic!!! 🥰💯👍
just an old coot 😉🌵
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That is awesome!! Brag away!! :-)
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That's amazing! I have a similar kid who really struggled behaviorly and socially when he was young and it just means so much more coming from a background like that. You must be doing an awesome job with him brag away you deserve it!
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

OMG!!! That is FANTASTIC!! Congratulations to your son and you, the parents. All the struggles, challenges, and sacrifice you've listed have brought him to this moment. He is one extraordinary kid with extraordinary parents. Be proud, momma! Shout it from the mountain tops! Wow!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That's wonderful!!! 😊 I'm happy for y'all!
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So glad it helped, I see a lot of runners who don’t realize how much hydration not just during but leading up to can effect so many functions of your body and performance.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yay! That is awesome! I’m so happy for you 🩵
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:27 pm So glad it helped, I see a lot of runners who don’t realize how much hydration not just during but leading up to can effect so many functions of your body and performance.
I know! I don’t know if this is a thing for your kids but when COVID hit, they banned lockers here, and now all the kids refuse lockers, so my teens are like pack mules, with these huge backpacks they drag to every class all day long…and I get “I don’t have room for a water bottle mom” so he probably was pretty dehydrated.

But he said he felt so much better after hydrating with water all day.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic