Humans are not meant to be vegan.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

What spawned human intelligence was the ability to harness fire and cook meat, increasing the bioavailability of carbohydrates, fatty acids and b12 vitamins.

Studies have shown that without meat and b12 supplements, the human brain shrinks. Mushrooms do naturally have some, but far less than fish, meat or eggs, and it takes an extremely large amount to compare.

Humans don’t have as powerful jaws as apes do, because we don’t have to chew as often as they do with their vegetarian diet. Humans do not have a pronounced sagittal crest like apes do for the same reason. Our bodies evolved out of needing it.

Our gut length is so much longer than apes, because of the body’s ability to process meat.

Veganism is not healthier. Don’t by into the hype.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I eat meat. What other people do is their business.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m not a vegan, not even a vegetarian, but to each their own. I do think that in general we do overeat meat. In our house, we eat meat or poultry, once or twice a week. The rest of the week we do eat a lot of vegetarían and fish dishes.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

What spawned human intelligence was the ability to harness fire and cook meat, increasing the bioavailability of carbohydrates, fatty acids and b12 vitamins.
Meat has zero carbohydrates.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:12 pm
Meat has zero carbohydrates.
Eating cooked meat increases carbohydrate bioavailability, if you have a steak and pinto beans, your body will be able to absorb more of the carbohydrates from the beans than it would have if you were only getting the beans.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think many people are vegans for more reasons than it’s “healthier,” but their reasons are their reasons. What I have an objection to is shaming anyone for their food choices.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm pretty happy with my vegetarian diet. Some of my friends are happy with their vegan diet. I trust that they have done the research to ensure that they are getting all the right nutrients needed for health.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:48 pm I think many people are vegans for more reasons than it’s “healthier,” but their reasons are their reasons. What I have an objection to is shaming anyone for their food choices.
Stating facts is not shaming anyone. Our gut length is due to our ability to process meat. Our lack of a sagittal crest is because we no longer require the strong jaw muscles needed to chew all day. If that makes you feel shame, I’d suggest therapy.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

We often have chicken (because it's cheaper these days to purchase than beef or pork) dishes for supper and we offset that by going a more vegetarian route at times.

It's OUR choice and has nothing to do with the choices of others.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Anonymous 1

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:53 pm I'm pretty happy with my vegetarian diet. Some of my friends are happy with their vegan diet. I trust that they have done the research to ensure that they are getting all the right nutrients needed for health.
Vegetarian is fine, you can get a decent amount of b12 and protein from cheese and eggs . Figuring out how to cook food really helped human evolution there too, the protein in cooked eggs is 180% more digestible than that of raw eggs .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic