At least 4 arrested at Pro-Palestinian protests on Columbia University's campus

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

[quoteMORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS, Manhattan (WABC) -- Protestors are swarming the Columbia University campus as frustration grows over the school's handling of antisemitism.

The protests come after the president of the Ivy League school, Dr. Nemat (Minouche) Shafik, testified before a House committee. The hearing was designed to gauge antisemitism on her campus.

As darkness fell on campus Wednesday evening, Pro-Palestinian students rallied and chanted. They vowed to stay until Columbia divested from Israel-related business.][/quote]

https://abc7ny.com/columbia-university- ... /14686945/
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You gotta love that they’re pissed because there was a hearing about stopping antisemitism… how dare they tell them they can’t express their Jew hatred freely!?!!
But yeah, it’s all about “palestine” and “Netanyahu” 🙄😂
Lexy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:08 pm [quoteMORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS, Manhattan (WABC) -- Protestors are swarming the Columbia University campus as frustration grows over the school's handling of antisemitism.

The protests come after the president of the Ivy League school, Dr. Nemat (Minouche) Shafik, testified before a House committee. The hearing was designed to gauge antisemitism on her campus.

As darkness fell on campus Wednesday evening, Pro-Palestinian students rallied and chanted. They vowed to stay until Columbia divested from Israel-related business.]
[/quote]
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't really think every person who protests against Israel is an antisemite who was looking for an excuse. Tens of thousands of people have been killed by Israel. Some people really do care about those lives. I know - they deserve it, or they asked for it, or whatever. But it still seems like too much.

I'm not against Israel. I don't hate anyone, never have. I'm sure you will not agree, but please respect my opinion, thanks.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:15 pm You gotta love that they’re pissed because there was a hearing about stopping antisemitism… how dare they tell them they can’t express their Jew hatred freely!?!!
But yeah, it’s all about “palestine” and “Netanyahu” 🙄😂
Lexy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:08 pm [quoteMORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS, Manhattan (WABC) -- Protestors are swarming the Columbia University campus as frustration grows over the school's handling of antisemitism.

As darkness fell on campus Wednesday evening, Pro-Palestinian students rallied and chanted. They vowed to stay until Columbia divested from Israel-related business.]
[/quote]

I wonder how many of these protesters are not even students of Columbia University? Many of them are probably paid protesters on the Soros family’s payroll.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Having seen videos from yesterday's protest in response to Columbia University's President being questioned by Congress were quite violent at times, I'm trying to comprehend their end game.

It's alarming at a minimum to me.
just an old coot 😉🌵
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

IMO, to be opposed to and even angry with a government's tactics, what their military has done and/or is doing, and so forth is not anti anything.

I detest the way the IDF has handled all of this. I can understand their own anger but cannot get behind their methods of venting that anger.

But I am in no way an antisemite.

On the other hand, when chants of "Death to the Jews", "Death to America", and "Gas the Jews" are seen on video footage from the last six months and from major cities around the world in protests, that's an entirely different thing. That's pure evil, hateful, and yes, antisemitic in my book.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

NYPD cops in riot gear swarm Columbia, arrest anti-Israel protesters after president finally tells cops to clear campus

https://nypost.com/2024/04/18/us-news/n ... clear-out/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They keep using the same BS when defining "antisemitism", anything and everything is ANTI semitic. Even being disgusted with their government should never be said out loud. I F***ing won't be silenced. This is the USA, not the USA&I.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"THE NEW YORK TIMES instructed journalists covering Israel’s war on the Gaza Strip to restrict the use of the terms “genocide” and “ethnic cleansing” and to “avoid” using the phrase “occupied territory” when describing Palestinian land, according to a copy of an internal memo obtained by The Intercept.

The memo also instructs reporters not to use the word Palestine “except in very rare cases” and to steer clear of the term “refugee camps” to describe areas of Gaza historically settled by displaced Palestinians expelled from other parts of Palestine during previous Israeli–Arab wars. The areas are recognized by the United Nations as refugee camps and house hundreds of thousands of registered refugees.

The memo — written by Times standards editor Susan Wessling, international editor Philip Pan, and their deputies — “offers guidance about some terms and other issues we have grappled with since the start of the conflict in October.”

While the document is presented as an outline for maintaining objective journalistic principles in reporting on the Gaza war, several Times staffers told The Intercept that some of its contents show evidence of the paper’s deference to Israeli narratives."

https://theintercept.com/2024/04/15/nyt ... -coverage/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Della wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:34 pm They keep using the same BS when defining "antisemitism", anything and everything is ANTI semitic. Even being disgusted with their government should never be said out loud. I F***ing won't be silenced. This is the USA, not the USA&I.
Saying Death to Jews and America is a bit more than being disgusted.

These "protesters" are so passionate in their declarations. If they're not being paid by some left wing group, they should be making their way to Gaza and Iran to fight their "good fight", not disrupting normal people's lives.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic