At least 4 arrested at Pro-Palestinian protests on Columbia University's campus

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When they’re chanting “from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free” or “there’s only one solution, intifada revolution”, then they’re antisemitic. When they’re waving Hezbollah flags, wearing Hamas headbands and burn American an Israeli flags that’s not “criticizing the Israeli government”. When they attack Jewish students on campus, harass Jews on the streets or vandalize Jewish owned businesses, then it’s antisemitic.
I’m yet to see a single protest that it’s actually about Palestinian rights and not the demonization of Israel and Jews with false accusations of genocide and apartheid.
SallyMae wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:56 pm I don't really think every person who protests against Israel is an antisemite who was looking for an excuse. Tens of thousands of people have been killed by Israel. Some people really do care about those lives. I know - they deserve it, or they asked for it, or whatever. But it still seems like too much.

I'm not against Israel. I don't hate anyone, never have. I'm sure you will not agree, but please respect my opinion, thanks.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Finally! After 36 hours. I guess yesterday’s hearing shook the president a little bit. Apparently, Ilhan Omar’s daughter is amongst the arrested after the news that she was suspended from Columbia for participating in illegal anti Israel protests broke this morning. How could Omar participate in that hearing when her daughter is one of the perpetrators of these rallies? Conflict of interest anyone?
Lexy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:23 pm NYPD cops in riot gear swarm Columbia, arrest anti-Israel protesters after president finally tells cops to clear campus

https://nypost.com/2024/04/18/us-news/n ... clear-out/
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:18 pm Finally! After 36 hours. I guess yesterday’s hearing shook the president a little bit. Apparently, Ilhan Omar’s daughter is amongst the arrested after the news that she was suspended from Columbia for participating in illegal anti Israel protests broke this morning. How could Omar participate in that hearing when her daughter is one of the perpetrators of these rallies? Conflict of interest anyone?
Lexy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:23 pm NYPD cops in riot gear swarm Columbia, arrest anti-Israel protesters after president finally tells cops to clear campus

She was grilled by congress yesterday which is why she gave the ok to clear the campus.

She has no intention of leaving her post and losing out on her hefty pay.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Absolutely. These are privileged, western woke kids with meaningless lives that found the trendy thing to support on Tik Tok to make them feel as if they’re doing something worthy. They’re not helping Palestinians, they couldn’t point Gaza on a map. Nothing about this is about helping Palestinians. Anyone wanting to help Palestinians should be supporting Israel as they’re freeing them from their actual oppressors: Hamas. Supporting Hamas is wishing Palestinians remain exploited, impoverished and in perpetual refugee state to be used as human shields as pawns in Hamas’ ultimate goal of destroying Israel and creating a radical Islamist caliphate in the west.
Lexy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:04 pm
Della wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:34 pm They keep using the same BS when defining "antisemitism", anything and everything is ANTI semitic. Even being disgusted with their government should never be said out loud. I F***ing won't be silenced. This is the USA, not the USA&I.
Saying Death to Jews and America is a bit more than being disgusted.

These "protesters" are so passionate in their declarations. If they're not being paid by some left wing group, they should be making their way to Gaza and Iran to fight their "good fight", not disrupting normal people's lives.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What’s appalling is that she needed to be grilled by Congress to actually do something about these hateful, violent demonstrations. I wonder if these had been students protesting against Blacks, LGBTQ, Asians or Latinos if they would’ve been allowed to continue to call for the extermination of these groups and occupy the lawn nearly 2 days with their violent chants?
I’m thinking they would’ve been removed and suspended within 15 minutes.
Lexy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:23 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:18 pm Finally! After 36 hours. I guess yesterday’s hearing shook the president a little bit. Apparently, Ilhan Omar’s daughter is amongst the arrested after the news that she was suspended from Columbia for participating in illegal anti Israel protests broke this morning. How could Omar participate in that hearing when her daughter is one of the perpetrators of these rallies? Conflict of interest anyone?

She was grilled by congress yesterday which is why she gave the ok to clear the campus.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:27 pm What’s appalling is that she needed to be grilled by Congress to actually do something about these hateful, violent demonstrations. I wonder if these had been students protesting against Blacks, LGBTQ, Asians or Latinos if they would’ve been allowed to continue to call for the extermination of these groups and occupy the lawn nearly 2 days with their violent chants?
I’m thinking they would’ve been removed and suspended within 15 minutes.
Lexy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:23 pm

Exactly!
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I'm fascinated by history and in light of what occurred on October 7th, particularly the history of the ancient Arab World in general along with Israel and the history/origins of antisemitism, have taken classes on all three.

I have found the following while looking just a bit ago and thought it might be interesting:

"History of Palestine - Wikipedia" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Palestine
just an old coot 😉🌵
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Della wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:34 pm They keep using the same BS when defining "antisemitism", anything and everything is ANTI semitic. Even being disgusted with their government should never be said out loud. I F***ing won't be silenced. This is the USA, not the USA&I.

These "protesters" are so passionate in their declarations. If they're not being paid by some left wing group, they should be making their way to Gaza and Iran to fight their "good fight", not disrupting normal people's lives.
Look at the original definition of anti-Semitic and you'll see it's the people of a group of languages — including Hebrew and Arabic — as well as the people who traditionally speak them. Semitic is rooted in the Biblical name Shem, the son of Noah, who is traditionally thought of as the direct ancestor of the Jews and Arabs.

Semitism originally included Arabs. Who made this change to it being for Jews only?

I don't agree with saying death to Jews. If you can show me where I have ever said/written anything like it, I'd very much appreciate it.

I believe that the USA still has chickens coming home to roost, and it's beginning to look like the world is finally realizing just wtf Israel is all about. Finally! 😁

You buying my gear?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:15 pm I'm fascinated by history and in light of what occurred on October 7th, particularly the history of the ancient Arab World in general along with Israel and the history/origins of antisemitism, have taken classes on all three.

I have found the following while looking just a bit ago and thought it might be interesting:

"History of Palestine - Wikipedia" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Palestine
Whereas the Principal Allied Powers have also agreed that the Mandatory should be responsible for putting into effect the declaration originally made on November 2nd, 1917, by the Government of His Britannic Majesty, and adopted by the said Powers, in favor of the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, it being clearly understood that nothing should be done which might prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.[526]
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

🙂
The term “antisemitism” was first coined by a German, Wilhelm Marr in his pamphlet “The Victory of Jewry Over Germandom”. So it has always been about the hatred of Jews.
There’s no such a thing as “Semitic people”. Semitic is a group of languages. And just as you we don’t consider all those who speak a Romance language a “Romantic”, a person who speaks a Semitic language isn’t a “Semitic”. It’s not a race or an ethnicity. Fact is, antisemitism is hate of JEWS, it doesn’t include Arabs or Muslims at all. That argument is ignorant and it’s just mean to delegitimize antisemitism as a real threat. It meant to imply that it’s made up or hijacked by Jews. Something you do so well!
Now, I only replied because someone asked me to address this issue, but back to the ignore list together with your lies, ignorance and hate you go!
Shabbat Shalom!
Della wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:51 pm

Look at the original definition of anti-Semitic and you'll see it's the people of a group of languages — including Hebrew and Arabic — as well as the people who traditionally speak them. Semitic is rooted in the Biblical name Shem, the son of Noah, who is traditionally thought of as the direct ancestor of the Jews and Arabs.

Semitism originally included Arabs. Who made this change to it being for Jews only?

I don't agree with saying death to Jews. If you can show me where I have ever said/written anything like it, I'd very much appreciate it.

I believe that the USA still has chickens coming home to roost, and it's beginning to look like the world is finally realizing just wtf Israel is all about. Finally! 😁

You buying my gear?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic