Why is this so hard?

RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My beautiful Eva was diagnosed with IVDD two years ago. She had surgery to remove the slipped/diseased disc. We were told this would eventually happen again but they thought she might have a good five years or so. Unfortunately, the IVDD flared up again about two weeks ago and on Friday, a disc must have slipped out of place because she started shrieking and screaming again.

She is my heart dog. My four legged soul mate. But if you've never heard a dog make those noises, you don't want to. I didn't want to but we had to make the heartbreaking decision to put her down. She had been refusing to come out of her kennel for the last two weeks but about 30 minutes before the vet arrived, she crawled over to me and asked to be picked up. I held her for an hour while we waited for the vet to arrive and while the euthanasia was being performed. It was like she knew it was time and she was asking me to be strong enough to let her go. She passed away peacefully in my arms.

I still can't believe it. She was the best dog in the world.
IMG_4474.jpg
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm so sorry for your loss.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sad news, my condolences.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’m so sorry. Music helps me…

jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I am so sorry for your loss.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh that does hurt and is so hard. I'm sorry and have shared your pain.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm taking my Auntie to the vet have her puppy put down today. Leaving shortly. They found these two puppies in the desert a few weeks ago and adopted them, but one did not thrive. She has congenital liver disease, no hope for survival. So this was just a matter of time.

It's different, these dogs have not been companions for years, just weeks, but we are all crying. Feeling your pain.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh Rizzy I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful girl- such soulful eyes! It is difficult/hard because you loved her. And when you're ready, in her memory consider this:

"Before humans die, they write their last will & testament, give their home and all they have
to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I'd ask..... To a poor and lonely stray I'd give my happy home; my bowl and cozy bed; soft pillow and all my toys; the lap which I loved so much; the hand that stroked my fur; and the sweet voice that spoke
my name. I'd will to the sad, scared shelter dog the place I had in my human's loving heart,
of which there seemed no bounds. So, when I die, please do not say, "I will never have a pet
again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand." Instead, go find an unloved dog, one whose life has held
no joy or hope, and give my place to him.
This is the only thing I can give....
... The love I left behind."
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Aw I am so sorry. Sending good thoughts your way.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

((( Hugs)))

Losing a beloved dog can be just as hard as losing a human family member.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

-Mary Frye
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic