9-year-old girl punched in face at Grand Central Terminal

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:27 pm
Della wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:41 am
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:35 am He needs to be locked up for a long time.
How many years would you say is justified?
For this case?
A mental institution for as long as it takes for his doctors to deem him no longer a threat.
Oh we would need many here in NYC.. So many crazies running the streets and subways!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:26 pm
Della wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:19 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:02 pm

I don't even like guns but shit like this would encourage me to get over it and buy one.

That is horrible.
https://nypost.com/2024/03/29/us-news/s ... t-sources/
I’m not gonna lie my friend, mental illness would not stop me from defending myself if some strange man punched me in the face, much less a child.

Somebody better get him some help before he hits the wrong person.
I'd likely hurt someone unless I knew 😔 In the pics he has that blank look like he's off his meds.

That's the thing, imo, we need to put forth a better effort to treat mental illnesses. Until that's done, well...idk.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:35 am He needs to be locked up for a long time.
For this case?
A mental institution for as long as it takes for his doctors to deem him no longer a threat.
You don't see that as a violation of their rights? I'm not saying I disagree, but I'm curious.
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:01 pm

For this case?
You don't see that as a violation of their rights? I'm not saying I disagree, but I'm curious.
No…

He never had the right to attack children… if he’s mentally incapable of realizing his crime, he should be committed until medical professionals decide he is no longer a threat.

That’s how our justice system is supposed to work.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:11 pm

For this case?
No…

He never had the right to attack children… if he’s mentally incapable of realizing his crime, he should be committed until medical professionals decide he is no longer a threat.

"Where involuntary commitment to an inpatient facility is deemed necessary, the following rights should apply:[15]
due process hearing,
provision of counsel,
minimum burden of proof of "clear and convincing" evidence,
a jury trial (at the respondent's election),
presentation of witnesses and opportunity for cross examination,
a clear standard of commitment which includes proof that:

serious physical harm to the respondent or others will occur in the absence of involuntary confinement.
the place of confinement can provide the treatment being sought by the petitioner,
there are no less restrictive but suitable alternatives to the placement being sought, and
a specific overt act of dangerousness (including a stated threat), and
the right to an appeal, including the right , if indigent, to a free transcript of the hearing and the appointment of counsel."

https://mhanational.org/issues/rights-p ... rimination.

Is this justice?
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:12 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:11 pm

No…

"Where involuntary commitment to an inpatient facility is deemed necessary, the following rights should apply:[15]
due process hearing,
provision of counsel,
minimum burden of proof of "clear and convincing" evidence,
a jury trial (at the respondent's election),
presentation of witnesses and opportunity for cross examination,
a clear standard of commitment which includes proof that:

serious physical harm to the respondent or others will occur in the absence of involuntary confinement.
the place of confinement can provide the treatment being sought by the petitioner,
there are no less restrictive but suitable alternatives to the placement being sought, and
a specific overt act of dangerousness (including a stated threat), and
the right to an appeal, including the right , if indigent, to a free transcript of the hearing and the appointment of counsel."

https://mhanational.org/issues/rights-p ... rimination.

Is this justice?
Yes.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:55 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:26 pm
I’m not gonna lie my friend, mental illness would not stop me from defending myself if some strange man punched me in the face, much less a child.

Somebody better get him some help before he hits the wrong person.
I'd likely hurt someone unless I knew 😔 In the pics he has that blank look like he's off his meds.

That's the thing, imo, we need to put forth a better effort to treat mental illnesses. Until that's done, well...idk.

I'd hurt someone even if I did know TBH. I am working on it, so I'm not saying it's right but it’s really easy for a man to push me into survival mode and flip my ever loving shit.

We do. The stigma has gotten a lot better then it was growing up, but we have a long way to go on mental health.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic