Blocking traffic for a political protest…

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

All they did was piss off a whole lot of people. They would never get a permit to block the Bridge for hours and leave people stuck in their car. Like I said all they are doing is pissing people off.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:17 pm Also, don't listen to this guy:

Granted, I don’t mean plow through them, but I saw a car going about two miles an hour, as though he just released the brake, and the protesters had no choice but to move… then cars started slowly going…none of the protesters were hurt, they just had to move
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The one I saw had an active ambulance trying to get through…

That’s no longer a peaceful protest, that’s taking part in a person’s death if the ambulance can’t get to the hospital and the person in it dies.

I’d support murder charges in that instance.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:39 am

That’s no longer a peaceful protest, that’s taking part in a person’s death if the ambulance can’t get to the hospital and the person in it dies.

Murder charges against whom and on what basis?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:47 am

Murder charges for the protesters not allowing an ambulance to get to the hospital.

On the basis that they actively took part in the person’s death, on purpose. ( if the person did die)
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:52 am

Murder charges for the protesters not allowing an ambulance to get to the hospital.

On the basis that they actively took part in the person’s death, on purpose. ( if the person did die)
Has that ever happened? Dispatch generally routes ambulances to avoid heavy traffic areas so I would assume that if an ambulance encounters a protest, they are not on an emergency call.

I remember outrage during BLM protests when an ambulance was blocked by protestors. It was on the way to the gas station to refuel, lol.

I think people have selective outrage depending on their views regarding the protest or march. For example, someone may be outraged by the inconvenience caused by the pro-Palestinian marches but have cheered on the "Truckers' Convoy" that shut down the DC beltway a couple of years ago. Sure, some people may hate them all but everyone should feel lucky that we live in a country where the right to peacefully protest is embedded in our Constitution. Unlike, say Saudi Arabia and we all know how the Saudi government dealt with Arab Spring protests.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 am

Has that ever happened? Dispatch generally routes ambulances to avoid heavy traffic areas so I would assume that if an ambulance encounters a protest, they are not on an emergency call.

I remember outrage during BLM protests when an ambulance was blocked by protestors. It was on the way to the gas station to refuel, lol.

I think people have selective outrage depending on their views regarding the protest or march. For example, someone may be outraged by the inconvenience caused by the pro-Palestinian marches but have cheered on the "Truckers' Convoy" that shut down the DC beltway a couple of years ago. Sure, some people may hate them all but everyone should feel lucky that we live in a country where the right to peacefully protest is embedded in our Constitution. Unlike, say Saudi Arabia and we all know how the Saudi government dealt with Arab Spring protests.

Yesterday there was an ambulance with its lights on, being blocked.

They do not have the right to block traffic.

They never had the right to block traffic…

If they want the right to a peaceful protest, they need to either get a permit or stand on a sidewalk.

Essentially Holding people hostage was never their right.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:15 am

If they want the right to a peaceful protest, they need to either get a permit or stand on a sidewalk.

"Yesterday there was an ambulance with its lights on, being blocked"

Which city? Do you have a link?
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:15 am

They are obstructing justice by preventing people to travel freely within the USA.

Where's the "Release the Hostages, Now!" Banner
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic