Blocking traffic for a political protest…

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:16 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:48 pm
Della wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:40 pm

Where, show me.
You just posted this on page 5.

“During last year's protest, UCSF transplant organs were delayed by the Bay Bridge protest. “
That could happen due to a major crash which more than likely happens more often than protests on interstates/highways. As I said earlier, no system is perfect. And there are already laws about pedestrians in roadways. What exactly do you want besides just running them over?
But, it didn’t happen because of an accident, it happened because people blocked the roadway on purpose.

As I said, if someone dies, whether that be from being in an ambulance that was blocked, or having their organ blocked, I would want to see murder charges.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Duplicate sorry
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:18 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:48 pm

You just posted this on page 5.

“During last year's protest, UCSF transplant organs were delayed by the Bay Bridge protest. “
That could happen due to a major crash which more than likely happens more often than protests on interstates/highways. As I said earlier, no system is perfect. And there are already laws about pedestrians in roadways. What exactly do you want besides just running them over?
But, it didn’t happen because of an accident, it happened because people blocked the roadway on purpose.

As I said, if someone dies, whether that be from being in an ambulance that was blocked, or having their organ blocked, I would want to see murder charges.
Again, who should be charged? The protestors - thousands of them? The organizers? If an ambulance hadn't been able to get through the Super Bowl celebration in the streets, should the 49-ers have been charged, lol.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:36 pm

Again, who should be charged? The protestors - thousands of them? The organizers? If an ambulance hadn't been able to get through the Super Bowl celebration in the streets, should the 49-ers have been charged, lol.
The protesters, every one of them blocking the road, and the organizers that told them to do it.

They would have actively taken part in another human being’s death, by choice.

Adding an “lol” doesn’t take away from the seriousness of their actions.

Super bowl celebrations are planned and permitted months in advance. Emergency vehicles know which routes to take to avoid them, it’s no where near the same thing as emergency vehicles getting trapped. You know this.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CHP officers were turning cars around at Alexander Avenue in Sausalito. Frustration was spilling over when a motorist was caught on a cell phone camera confronting protesters on the bridge.

Some folks say their health was at risk by the closure. Rem O'Donnely was late for surgery.

"I'm supposed to be at UCSF at 9:30am, if I don't make it by 1 PM, they will have to reschedule I'm supposed to have colon surgery," said O'Donnely.

Rachel McKim from Larkspur was late for her medical procedure.

"I'm headed to the city for stem cell replacement. They're frozen I have to get there before they thaw. I'm feeling frustrated, I support the right for people to protest but if It causes thousands of people disturbance, it isn't the right way to go about it," said McKim.
https://abc7news.com/pro-palestinian-pr ... /14668534/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:48 pm
CHP officers were turning cars around at Alexander Avenue in Sausalito. Frustration was spilling over when a motorist was caught on a cell phone camera confronting protesters on the bridge.

Some folks say their health was at risk by the closure. Rem O'Donnely was late for surgery.

"I'm supposed to be at UCSF at 9:30am, if I don't make it by 1 PM, they will have to reschedule I'm supposed to have colon surgery," said O'Donnely.

Rachel McKim from Larkspur was late for her medical procedure.

"I'm headed to the city for stem cell replacement. They're frozen I have to get there before they thaw. I'm feeling frustrated, I support the right for people to protest but if It causes thousands of people disturbance, it isn't the right way to go about it," said McKim.
https://abc7news.com/pro-palestinian-pr ... /14668534/
Anecdotal. How close to death were they?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:44 pm

The protesters, every one of them blocking the road, and the organizers that told them to do it.

Super bowl celebrations are planned and permitted months in advance. Emergency vehicles know which routes to take to avoid them, it’s no where near the same thing as emergency vehicles getting trapped. You know this.
I'm lol-ing because the idea of arresting thousands and charging them with murder seems a little outrageous. Can you think of any other situation where this would be appropriate and have charges of murder ever been levied against a crowd of protestors when a death occurred? It would be quite difficult to prove that the death of the patient in the ambulance was a premeditated and deliberate act conducted simultaneously by thousands of people rather than an unintentional consequence. If some of the protestors thought that the protest was permitted, would they still face charges?

Of course, in this case, it's all hypothetical as no one died.

Just curious but do you believe that all the organizers and participants of a permitted protest which expands out of the permitted area, blocks a major street, and causes the deaths of multiple people including LEOs should also be charged, en masse, with murder?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:02 pm

I'm lol-ing because the idea of arresting thousands and charging them with murder seems a little outrageous. Can you think of any other situation where this would be appropriate and have charges of murder ever been levied against a crowd of protestors when a death occurred? It would be quite difficult to prove that the death of the patient in the ambulance was a premeditated and deliberate act conducted simultaneously by thousands of people rather than an unintentional consequence. If some of the protestors thought that the protest was permitted, would they still face charges?

It would be incredibly easy to prove that they should have known their actions could cause someone’s death…

It’s not thousands. 38 arrested here… 26 arrested there…

For anyone in this country, if you take actions that you know could cause someone’s death and do it anyways, you are arrested and charged with either murder or manslaughter.

I see no reason that a group of people shouldn’t be held accountable for their actions when an individual would.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:02 pm

Just curious but do you believe that all the organizers and participants of a permitted protest which expands out of the permitted area, blocks a major street, and causes the deaths of multiple people including LEOs should also be charged, en masse, with murder?
As for your edit…

You are trying to put words into my mouth and spin what I said into something different…

I never said anything about permitted protests.

I said blocking bridges, which has never been permitted, and was nowhere close to any kind of permitted protest.

If anywhere- an ambulance is trying to get through, and you decide “ No, my cause is more important than their life“ and refuse to move out of the way, they should be charged with murder if the person dies. Whether two of you decided that, or 30 people decided that…
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Charge hundreds of people with murder? In what degree?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic