Will Iran attack?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Currently, Israel has gone on a near total lockdown, under full military alert, claiming an attack by Iran is imminent.

Joe Biden cut his home visit short and returned to Washington.

Thoughts?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

With Hezbollah and Houthis already a part of so much of this since the massacre on October 7th, and they're both backed by Iran, it was only a matter of time before Iran itself became a part of the chaos.

I hope the U.S. stays out of it but my suspicions are that we won't.
just an old coot 😉🌵
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Yes. They’ve taken an Israeli ship in Hormuz and drones are now n their way to Israel, due to hit 8pm US EST or so. This is the expected reaction to Israel’s attack on Iranian embassy in Syria.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:15 pm With Hezbollah and Houthis already a part of so much of this since the massacre on October 7th, and they're both backed by Iran, it was only a matter of time before Iran itself became a part of the chaos.

I hope the U.S. stays out of it but my suspicions are that we won't.
With Israels recent and direct attack on Iran's Consulate in Syria, it appears Israel is trying to escalate a war with Iran.

We won't. If Netanyahu and his war hawks (along with Biden and many US Congress people) have anything to say about it, we will.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:43 pm Yes. They’ve taken an Israeli ship in Hormuz and drones are now n their way to Israel, due to hit 8pm US EST or so. This is the expected reaction to Israel’s attack on Iranian embassy in Syria.
I don't think a direct strike into Israel will happen.
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If they do it’ll be bases over there, not mainland USA
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Some interesting insight if you keep scrolling on this link...

"Live updates: Iran’s retaliatory attack on Israel has begun" https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/live-blog/rcna147477
just an old coot 😉🌵
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

What I find to be another interesting aspect of all of this and one that shouldn't be ignored....

"Why Russia Doesn't Want War Between Israel and Iran | RAND" https://www.rand.org/pubs/commentary/20 ... -iran.html
just an old coot 😉🌵
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:50 pm What I find to be another interesting aspect of all of this and one that shouldn't be ignored....

"Why Russia Doesn't Want War Between Israel and Iran | RAND" https://www.rand.org/pubs/commentary/20 ... -iran.html
That's from The National Interest. A war hawk group in the US. 😞

https://nationalinterest.org/about-the- ... l-interest
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:43 pm Some interesting insight if you keep scrolling on this link...

"Live updates: Iran’s retaliatory attack on Israel has begun" https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/live-blog/rcna147477
"Iran said it conducted a military attack on Israel "in response to the Zionist regime’s aggression against our diplomatic premises in Damascus," and that "the matter can be deemed concluded."

The Permanent Mission of the Islamic Republic of Iran to the U.N. said in a post on X that if Israel makes "another mistake, Iran's response will be considerably more severe," and that the matter is between Iran and Israel, and that the U.S. should stay out of it.

It said the attack was "legitimate defense" in response to the suspected Israeli attack on the Iranian consular building in Syria and was "conducted on the strength of Article 51 of the UN Charter."

The drones, launched hours ago, are beginning to arrive in Israel."

I agree that Israel shouldn't have struck the consulate and I agree this is between Israel and Iran. The US should stay out of it. Including US weaponry and weapons systems.
306/232

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic