Planet Fitness gymgoer was arrested after allegedly walking around totally naked in the women's locker room

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:01 am
Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:32 pm
Della wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:30 pm

I predict the world will come to an end.
And it will…

Look at that! Something else that is predictable.

Kind of sad that we put women’s safety at such a low bar of importance, but hey… everyone has to have an angle, right?
It's a prediction that has been proven wrong thousands of times.
And yet, every one of our most reputable scientists say the sun will eventually burn out in 5-8 billion years…ending the world as we know it.

So back to women’s safety… why do they not matter ?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:03 am
Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:32 pm

And it will…

Look at that! Something else that is predictable.

Kind of sad that we put women’s safety at such a low bar of importance, but hey… everyone has to have an angle, right?
And yet, every one of our most reputable scientists say the sun will eventually burn out in 5-8 billion years…ending the world as we know it.

To quote Well,

"It's never been appropriate for someone who identifies as male to enter a women's locker room. It's never been appropriate for men or women to make lewd comments to others whether in the locker room or outside the locker room. Planet Fitness, as they should, have a nudity policy which this man broke.

I agree he should have been arrested. Is this arrest somehow controversial?"
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:08 am

To quote Well,

"It's never been appropriate for someone who identifies as male to enter a women's locker room. It's never been appropriate for men or women to make lewd comments to others whether in the locker room or outside the locker room. Planet Fitness, as they should, have a nudity policy which this man broke.

He identified himself as female.

That’s why it’s controversial.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:11 am

To quote Well,

Has he been identified as a trans individual?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:47 pm I'm confused. I assumed the argument in the last thread was that transgender women who still had male genitalia would be able to walk around with their genitalia exposed - face height! So someone walks around with genitalia exposed and they are arrested and this is seen as a bad thing?
I think the problem is, it is too easy for a man to say he identifies as a woman to enter female spaces. As predatory as men are, I can't say this isn't a valid concern.

That doesn't mean ban all trans women from our spaces, but there needs to be a compromise. IMHO.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:23 am
WellPreserved wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:47 pm I'm confused. I assumed the argument in the last thread was that transgender women who still had male genitalia would be able to walk around with their genitalia exposed - face height! So someone walks around with genitalia exposed and they are arrested and this is seen as a bad thing?
I think the problem is, it is too easy for a man to say he identifies as a woman to enter female spaces. As predatory as men are, I can't say this isn't a valid concern.

That doesn't mean ban all trans women from our spaces, but there needs to be a compromise. IMHO.
Men have been coming into women's spaces to cause harm well before the transgender bathroom issue. IMO, until individual bathrooms and changing stalls are standard, the unisex or family individual bathroom that most establishments including gyms provide is a good compromise.

Transgender women are not the issue, predatory men are.

It just feels with these threads that we're beating a dead horse. Half the women in this group believe that transgender women are women and half don't and I just feel that these threads aren't going to change minds.

There are a lot of women in my life that I love deeply and want to see safe and protected and respected. Some of these women were born with male genitalia and obviously I want them included and respected when talking about how to keep women safe.

And is it so easy for a man to say he identifies as a woman to enter female spaces? This guy was arrested, as he should have been. Honestly, if a naked woman came up to my daughter in the locker room and asked to shower with her and rub lotion on her, arrest would be going easy on her, lol.

Honestly, I wish we'd go back to bathroom and locker room attendants like what was standard when I was growing up!

ETA: the conversation really revolves around transgender women who don't "pass" because it has never been an issue about transgender women who do "pass".
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:27 am
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:11 am

To quote Well,

Has he been identified as a trans individual?
Who is supposed to make that call?

The person identifying Themselves, or the businesses that believe them or not?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:45 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:23 am

Men have been coming into women's spaces to cause harm well before the transgender bathroom issue. IMO, until individual bathrooms and changing stalls are standard, the unisex or family individual bathroom that most establishments including gyms provide is a good compromise.

Transgender women are not the issue, predatory men are.

It just feels with these threads that we're beating a dead horse. Half the women in this group believe that transgender women are women and half don't and I just feel that these threads aren't going to change minds.

There are a lot of women in my life that I love deeply and want to see safe and protected and respected. Some of these women were born with male genitalia and obviously I want them included and respected when talking about how to keep women safe.

And is it so easy for a man to say he identifies as a woman to enter female spaces? This guy was arrested, as he should have been. Honestly, if a naked woman came up to my daughter in the locker room and asked to shower with her and rub lotion on her, arrest would be going easy on her, lol.

Honestly, I wish we'd go back to bathroom and locker room attendants like what was standard when I was growing up!
Yes, he was arrested…after the damage to the women in that locker room was already done. So preventative action is also important because the law isn't going to pay for a rape victim’s therapy bill if the offense triggers them.

I have shared spaces with gay men and transwomen my whole life and always will, but it should not be that easy for a straight man to prey on and traumatize women in spaces that should be safe.

So i understand what you're saying, but I see both sides and the need to compromise.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So, what I see is that one incident of a FULLY CLOTHED trans woman in a locker room went viral because another busy-body couldn't mind her own business. So now a perverted man decided he wanted to see how far he could go being FULLY NAKED in a women's locker room.

I think PF is handling these things appropriately. They looked at each individual situation, made a judgement call, and took appropriate actions.

And if the busy-body hadn't made an issue out of the FULLY CLOTHED trans woman, then maybe Miller would not have gotten his idea to walk around that locker room naked. So if you want to blame someone for putting women at danger, look at blaming the busy-body in Alaska who couldn't mind her own business.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:41 pm I’m not saying 100%, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did this to try to spark the anti-trans push in gyms. If a biological woman women walked around naked, walking up to strangers asking them to lotion up and join them in the shower, that would also be incredibly inappropriate and they should be removed. The issue here is their behavior, not their genitalia.
Exactly. If I saw that behavior in a PF locker room from an individual with a vulva, I would at least be saying something to a staff member, because that's just not appropriate. And I don't remember the exact wording but I thought PF's policy said something about incidental nudeness being expected but members aren't supposed to flaunt it around even in the locker room. So the behavior alone, regardless of the genitals, goes against PF policy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic