Arizona Supreme Court rules a near-total abortion ban from 1864 is enforceable

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:39 am
Della wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:17 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:59 pm

Then you haven’t been reading what I’ve been saying, you’re going off of your own assumptions.
You're quite nonchalant about it all. Just get some magic potions and break the law, no prob.
Do you require seeing manic anger before you assume someone cares?

Let me ask you a question…
How much do you care about women’s ability to control their own body?
Your reactions are different post to post. When you're adamant about a topic, you're in your face about it, but this, not so much.

I care enough that I won't stand by and tell women that they're just going to have to accept it, while advising herbal remedies that are risky.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:00 am
Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:39 am
Della wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:17 pm

You're quite nonchalant about it all. Just get some magic potions and break the law, no prob.
Do you require seeing manic anger before you assume someone cares?

Let me ask you a question…
How much do you care about women’s ability to control their own body?
Your reactions are different post to post. When you're adamant about a topic, you're in your face about it, but this, not so much.

I care enough that I won't stand by and tell women that they're just going to have to accept it, while advising herbal remedies that are risky.
Can you point out anywhere that I said women are just going to have to accept it?
Or have I said at least three times that I would fight and vote to get women the right to bodily autonomy on each page?

I don’t think you should base your assumptions about what I’m thinking based on the amount of rage I show… go by my words.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:01 pm Time to remember we don’t need doctors to acquire abortifacients.
While I understand this sentiment, this line of thinking is what gets women seriously ill or even killed.
Women NEED quality medical care and bodily autonomy.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The rest of the laws in that same 1864 bunch include not allowing minorities to testify against white people, allowing 10 year olds to consent to S*x, and voiding marriages between white and black people. Wonder if they will enforce those as well. (per Heather Cox Richardson).
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Della wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:34 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:22 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:45 pm

Not sure I understand you post.
Human beings have been using herbal abortifacients for at least the past 6000 years.

Misoprostol = synthetic prostaglandin ; the amount your body produces is based on what you eat.
So, break the law?
If a woman I knew was in need of an abortion and lived in a state where abortion of illegal, I'd break the law to get her to a place where she could receive a SAFE abortion whether that meant crossing state lines or country borders.

There are groups that are doing this and deserve support. Some of these underground groups receive support from church ministries.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:13 am

Human beings have been using herbal abortifacients for at least the past 6000 years.

Misoprostol = synthetic prostaglandin ; the amount your body produces is based on what you eat.
So, break the law?
If a woman I knew was in need of an abortion and lived in a state where abortion of illegal, I'd break the law to get her to a place where she could receive a SAFE abortion whether that meant crossing state lines or country borders.

There are groups that are doing this and deserve support. Some of these underground groups receive support from church ministries.
The Arizona Republic is also sharing the contact info for Plan C, which helps women get mifepristone by mail through telehealth services from legal states, as “the law doesn't say anything about whether it's legal for a person to receive the drugs in the mail.” This won’t help women past 10 weeks, but I’m glad they’re promoting it as an option.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 262679007/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:13 am

So, break the law?

Oh, I would too. I'm just perturbed that we should even have to ask that question.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lines sure to make their way into a Biden ad: “we broke Roe v. Wade”, resulting in a system where some states are threatening access to IVF, delaying abortion care until women are gravely ill and rape survivors are forced to give birth, which he calls some “very beautiful harmony”. Along with the overarching question: he said he’d sign a federal abortion ban in 2017, why should anyone believe he wouldn’t now?

SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:21 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:11 pm Oh FFS

"But according to medical experts and trained herbalists, herbal abortifacients can be dangerous and there isn’t any data on whether they work.

“My hard-line position, for 35 years, has been that they are not reliably effective,” said Dr. Aviva Romm, a women’s health physician, midwife and herbalist who wrote the textbook “Botanical Medicine for Women’s Health.” “And the doses of the herbs that one would have to take for it to possibly be effective are so high that they are virtually always toxic to the pregnant person” or the fetus. After seeing the worrying spread of the misinformation online, she posted a video on Instagram urging her followers not to “listen to what you hear on TikTok.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/11/well ... royal.html
It’s a good thing I don’t have Tik Tok then.

My opinion comes from three years as an apprentice midwife and 2 years of cultural anthropology centered around birth practices, particularly focused on midwifery. (and yes, that includes abortion methods)

The only thing YOU have is articles to read… that doesn’t mean everyone who has an opinion on this subject is limited to google for their information, nor are they all limited to recent westernized medicine as the only knowledge base.
Are you saying that you have administered or assisted when someone administered an herbal abortion?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:37 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:21 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:11 pm Oh FFS

"But according to medical experts and trained herbalists, herbal abortifacients can be dangerous and there isn’t any data on whether they work.

“My hard-line position, for 35 years, has been that they are not reliably effective,” said Dr. Aviva Romm, a women’s health physician, midwife and herbalist who wrote the textbook “Botanical Medicine for Women’s Health.” “And the doses of the herbs that one would have to take for it to possibly be effective are so high that they are virtually always toxic to the pregnant person” or the fetus. After seeing the worrying spread of the misinformation online, she posted a video on Instagram urging her followers not to “listen to what you hear on TikTok.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/11/well ... royal.html
It’s a good thing I don’t have Tik Tok then.

My opinion comes from three years as an apprentice midwife and 2 years of cultural anthropology centered around birth practices, particularly focused on midwifery. (and yes, that includes abortion methods)

The only thing YOU have is articles to read… that doesn’t mean everyone who has an opinion on this subject is limited to google for their information, nor are they all limited to recent westernized medicine as the only knowledge base.
Are you saying that you have administered or assisted when someone administered an herbal abortion?
I have observed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic