Arizona Supreme Court rules a near-total abortion ban from 1864 is enforceable

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Let me preface this by saying my link doesn't suggest that the information on it is an alternative to safe, legal abortions but rather just interesting history.

"A brief history of abortion – from ancient Egyptian herbs to fighting stigma today" https://theconversation.com/a-brief-his ... day-213033
just an old coot 😉🌵
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:15 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:36 pm
Della wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:34 pm

So, break the law?
If a law is unjust…
Why not fight to change the law? Do you just give up on things or do you sue if necessary?
Contrary to popular belief… you can do both.
You can fight to change the laws, you can sue the state/ feds when a law is unjust, and you can gain the knowledge that gives you more control over your own body.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:12 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:13 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:07 pm

No, they need hospitalization.

Are you under the impression that I am the one making that difficult for women today?
Not at all. But I do think that remarks like "you can control your own body" with suggestions of herbal remedies minimizes the real threat to women's health done by these laws.
I think it also minimizes the deaths of the 10s of thousands of women who die from illegal abortions each year in developing countries. Almost 1/2 of the women who are hospitalized after an illegal abortion or an unsuccessful abortion in Zambia where I lived, used herbals, usually prescribed by a traditional healer.

It just screams of an out-of-touch statement made by an American suburbanite from their cushy sofa.
Lol…. ***Pats head***

Your googling skills are impressing us all… first you post how there is no data, then you post “ half of all women”…

I wonder… have you ever asked a medical professional why they hate google?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:57 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:12 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:13 pm

Not at all. But I do think that remarks like "you can control your own body" with suggestions of herbal remedies minimizes the real threat to women's health done by these laws.
I think it also minimizes the deaths of the 10s of thousands of women who die from illegal abortions each year in developing countries. Almost 1/2 of the women who are hospitalized after an illegal abortion or an unsuccessful abortion in Zambia where I lived, used herbals, usually prescribed by a traditional healer.

It just screams of an out-of-touch statement made by an American suburbanite from their cushy sofa.
Lol…. ***Pats head***

Your googling skills are impressing us all… first you post how there is no data, then you post “ half of all women”…

I wonder… have you ever asked a medical professional why they hate google?
🤣
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The AZ House Speaker, Republican Ben Toma, apparently doesn’t see the need for any sort of urgency here (the Court ruling was 47 whole pages!), but wants to be sure everyone knows how mean the Democrats are being 😢

They have every opportunity to immediately repeal the 1864 law. They’re simply choosing not to.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:48 pm
SoFloMom wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:01 pm This country is so ass backwards.
Republicans are trying to take us back to the good old days. That's MAGA.
I thought they were the party of "small government." Isn't that what Reagan, Bush and George W thought? The government that governs the best, governs the least? So much for that. I don't want to hear another word about Democrats and liberals wanting government to come in and overstep on everyone's lives.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:43 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:36 pm

If a law is unjust…
Why not fight to change the law? Do you just give up on things or do you sue if necessary?
You can fight to change the laws, you can sue the state/ feds when a law is unjust, and you can gain the knowledge that gives you more control over your own body.
You seem to agree with the law with your reaction.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:44 pm

Then you haven’t been reading what I’ve been saying, you’re going off of your own assumptions.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:59 pm

Then you haven’t been reading what I’ve been saying, you’re going off of your own assumptions.
You're quite nonchalant about it all. Just get some magic potions and break the law, no prob.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:17 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:59 pm

You're quite nonchalant about it all. Just get some magic potions and break the law, no prob.
Do you require seeing manic anger before you assume someone cares?

Let me ask you a question…
How much do you care about women’s ability to control their own body?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic