How about that Eclipse

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

The eclipse gorgeous. ❤️ Fascinating to watch it get dark in the middle of the day.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:25 pm The eclipse gorgeous. ❤️ Fascinating to watch it get dark in the middle of the day.
Not gonna lie, I was disappointed. We have really heavy cloud cover so stood in the back yard, glasses ready, staring at each other. This was a picture that a friend took from our backyard. I really did enjoy the pics people with better views shared and I still required my kids to "experience" it! Just a reminder that the cosmos is pretty amazing!
Attachments
eclipse.jpeg
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Still here, and definitely not square dancing with Dale. lol The eclipse was fun to watch. We decided to try out homeschooling ODS, so he watched the live coverage with me.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:42 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:25 pm The eclipse gorgeous. ❤️ Fascinating to watch it get dark in the middle of the day.
Not gonna lie, I was disappointed. We have really heavy cloud cover so stood in the back yard, glasses ready, staring at each other. This was a picture that a friend took from our backyard. I really did enjoy the pics people with better views shared and I still required my kids to "experience" it! Just a reminder that the cosmos is pretty amazing!
We had some clouds too but not enough to hide the sun, so we had a really good view.

I am normally not into stuff like this but I am glad I experienced it now. lol! Did it get dark there? That was my favorite part.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:07 pm
We had some clouds too but not enough to hide the sun, so we had a really good view.

I am normally not into stuff like this but I am glad I experienced it now. lol! Did it get dark there? That was my favorite part.
Just dark enough to look like a storm was coming but not unusually dark. I was expecting the birds to stop chirping and nocturnal animals to comes out, lol. Our pets didn't even react. Initially the town was silent and a there was no traffic at all on our street which I thought was weird until I realized that traffic was closed for the funeral procession. I'm assuming it was not planned to align with the eclipse but if it was, I think that's awesome!

Some of my friends from other areas posted just amazing pictures and I'm jealous.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We were in the path of totality. It got pretty dark here. Street light came on, but what I noticed the most was how cold it got.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:34 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:07 pm

Just dark enough to look like a storm was coming but not unusually dark. I was expecting the birds to stop chirping and nocturnal animals to comes out, lol. Our pets didn't even react. Initially the town was silent and a there was no traffic at all on our street which I thought was weird until I realized that traffic was closed for the funeral procession. I'm assuming it was not planned to align with the eclipse but if it was, I think that's awesome!

Some of my friends from other areas posted just amazing pictures and I'm jealous.
It got pretty dark here, like night time. I read some of the animals at the zoo herded together but nothing outrageous. I read that a large group of couples got married in Arkansas.

I got some pictures but not that great but it really was an amazing to watch.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It made the sky look like it does when we have a bad storm. An eerie shade of light.

Hopefully I'm still around in 2045 when Florida is in the path of totality.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My son sent me the pictures he took, it looked amazing! He was fascinated by it. We just got a partial eclipse here, I didn’t get glasses, but suddenly it got a bit darker and like my house had an orange-y tint.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic