Religious Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (REDI) Index

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:27 am
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:12 am
Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:21 pm

I feel like that’s all politically correct, but that’s an outsiders view of both religions.

Jewish people know what Muslims eat, how they pray and what their beliefs are… Muslims know all the same about Jewish people.
Their problems with each other are on an entirely different level than the above politically correct statements have room for.

We’re kind of coming at this in a Kum ba yah sort of way while they’re having problems with each other’s religions that is right now killing people… it’s sort of naive to think that as outsiders, we would be the ones teaching them how to be nice to each other.
You do know that people of different faiths work together? Salesforce has had Faithforce in operation since 2017 so it must work for them.

Faithforce is employee led so who is the outsider?

Interfaith organizations have existed in the US since the 19th century. Why do you feel that adults can't meet and speak about their faith with others of different faith or no faith respectfully?
Of course I do…

But I also think it’s important to keep religion out of the workplace, because it can lead to problems.

And they are problems that we are not equipped to fix. They are problems that we don’t really have the right to insert ourselves into the conversation when it comes to how they should act and feel…

Why do I feel this way? Because I can see it…
You see it where?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:43 am

You do know that people of different faiths work together? Salesforce has had Faithforce in operation since 2017 so it must work for them.

Interfaith organizations have existed in the US since the 19th century. Why do you feel that adults can't meet and speak about their faith with others of different faith or no faith respectfully?
Of course I do…

But I also think it’s important to keep religion out of the workplace, because it can lead to problems.

And they are problems that we are not equipped to fix. They are problems that we don’t really have the right to insert ourselves into the conversation when it comes to how they should act and feel…

How does one completely keep their religion out of the workplace and conversations with their co-workers and managers?

And 219 Fortune 500 companies disagree with you😅
That means there are more Fortune 500 companies that agree with me than disagree.

Religion, politics and S*x are just not necessary in the workplace unless there is some legitimate reason.

I feel like that’s the way we’ve been doing things for a long time… it’s pretty new that business owners would want all those conversations to take up time that should be spent on accounting or quality control.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:50 am

Of course I do…

You see it where?
How often do you and Mom2boys have a meaningful conversation about religion and agree on seeing the beauty in each other’s religious dogma and religious goals?

How often do conversations about religion bring up what is going on in Israel and Palestine?

Granted, this is a place to talk about it all, but if you two were accountants working on the same project, would constant discussions about religion help you two work together harmoniously , or would it create feelings of anger?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:16 am

Of course I do…

You see it where?
How often do you and Mom2boys have a meaningful conversation about religion and agree on seeing the beauty in each other’s religious dogma and religious goals?

How often do conversations about religion bring up what is going on in Israel and Palestine?

Granted, this is a place to talk about it all, but if you two were accountants working on the same project, would constant discussions about religion help you two work together harmoniously , or would it create feelings of anger?
She and I have had great discussions about Judaism. She takes issue with Islam, not me.

I don't think you understand the point of religious diversity. I think you do a great deal of insinuating.
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:23 am

You see it where?

She and I have had great discussions about Judaism. She takes issue with Islam, not me.

I don't think you understand the point of religious diversity. I think you do a great deal of insinuating.
I’m not insinuating anything… I’m saying there are some horrific things happening in the world today based on religious belief and dogma… huge amounts of pain and suffering result from those issues. People are angry with the other side…

In a workplace, that creates contention.

If I was a business owner that employed both Muslims and Jewish people, it would absolutely not be my place to try and “create harmony” between the two people because it’s not even a subject that I can grasp the true pain and suffering that come with the topic.

It would be bigger than office politeness, and I wouldn’t have the right to insert myself into those emotions
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:11 am

Of course I do…

How does one completely keep their religion out of the workplace and conversations with their co-workers and managers?

That means there are more Fortune 500 companies that agree with me than disagree.

Religion, politics and S*x are just not necessary in the workplace unless there is some legitimate reason.

I feel like that’s the way we’ve been doing things for a long time… it’s pretty new that business owners would want all those conversations to take up time that should be spent on accounting or quality control.
No, it just means that more Fortune 500 companies haven't implemented programs - yet. I have experience with DEI programs which include religious diversity through Department of State as it is a huge part of before posting training and is given the same importance as language training, especially for FS officers. You haven't had experience with it but you have one of top 10 rated companies for RDEI programming and initiatives in your backyard - Tyson. Perhaps you may find value in communicating with Tyson management and employees about their program before dismissing it?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Coming from a 25 year career with a Fortune 500 company, I have a different take on Diversity and Inclusion policies. I did not experience it as trying to "create harmony" among employees or encourage conversation between different people. More about being able to attract top talent in the workplace, and have employees develop an understanding of the customer base to cultivate a larger audience for the product or service.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:32 am

I’m not insinuating anything… I’m saying there are some horrific things happening in the world today based on religious belief and dogma… huge amounts of pain and suffering result from those issues. People are angry with the other side…

If I was a business owner that employed both Muslims and Jewish people, it would absolutely not be my place to try and “create harmony” between the two people because it’s not even a subject that I can grasp the true pain and suffering that come with the topic.

It would be bigger than office politeness, and I wouldn’t have the right to insert myself into those emotions
Yet, you are A-okay with chaplains in schools and busing kids from school to religious indoctrination.
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:43 am
Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:11 am

No, it just means that more Fortune 500 companies haven't implemented programs - yet. I have experience with DEI programs which include religious diversity through Department of State as it is a huge part of before posting training and is given the same importance as language training, especially for FS officers. You haven't had experience with it but you have one of top 10 rated companies for RDEI programming and initiatives in your backyard - Tyson. Perhaps you may find value in communicating with Tyson management and employees about their program before dismissing it?
They’re in pretty big trouble right now for employing undocumented children in hazardous jobs for pennies per hour.

I wouldn’t hold them to be a pinnacle of morality in the workplace.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:45 am
Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:32 am

Yet, you are A-okay with chaplains in schools and busing kids from school to religious indoctrination.
I’m ok with it only if that is a choice the student and their parents want to make… Just like I would be fine with Judaic and Islamic instruction as well…

I would be up in arms and furious if they tried to force any of that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic