Religious Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (REDI) Index

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:50 am
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:43 am
Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:11 am

That means there are more Fortune 500 companies that agree with me than disagree.

Religion, politics and S*x are just not necessary in the workplace unless there is some legitimate reason.

I feel like that’s the way we’ve been doing things for a long time… it’s pretty new that business owners would want all those conversations to take up time that should be spent on accounting or quality control.
No, it just means that more Fortune 500 companies haven't implemented programs - yet. I have experience with DEI programs which include religious diversity through Department of State as it is a huge part of before posting training and is given the same importance as language training, especially for FS officers. You haven't had experience with it but you have one of top 10 rated companies for RDEI programming and initiatives in your backyard - Tyson. Perhaps you may find value in communicating with Tyson management and employees about their program before dismissing it?
They’re in pretty big trouble right now for employing undocumented children in hazardous jobs for pennies per hour.

I wouldn’t hold them to be a pinnacle of morality in the workplace.
I don't see how a company can be considered "moral" or "immoral", lol. Inclusion is not about morals.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:52 am
Della wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:45 am
Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:32 am

I’m not insinuating anything… I’m saying there are some horrific things happening in the world today based on religious belief and dogma… huge amounts of pain and suffering result from those issues. People are angry with the other side…

In a workplace, that creates contention.

If I was a business owner that employed both Muslims and Jewish people, it would absolutely not be my place to try and “create harmony” between the two people because it’s not even a subject that I can grasp the true pain and suffering that come with the topic.

It would be bigger than office politeness, and I wouldn’t have the right to insert myself into those emotions
Yet, you are A-okay with chaplains in schools and busing kids from school to religious indoctrination.
I’m ok with it only if that is a choice the student and their parents want to make… Just like I would be fine with Judaic and Islamic instruction as well…

I would be up in arms and furious if they tried to force any of that.
You know people have a choice to work for these companies who support this initiative.

What's wrong with world religions classes? Don't they teach this?

All they want or need is for parents and the public to allow their feet in the door...
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:54 am
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:43 am

No, it just means that more Fortune 500 companies haven't implemented programs - yet. I have experience with DEI programs which include religious diversity through Department of State as it is a huge part of before posting training and is given the same importance as language training, especially for FS officers. You haven't had experience with it but you have one of top 10 rated companies for RDEI programming and initiatives in your backyard - Tyson. Perhaps you may find value in communicating with Tyson management and employees about their program before dismissing it?
They’re in pretty big trouble right now for employing undocumented children in hazardous jobs for pennies per hour.

I don't see how a company can be considered "moral" or "immoral", lol. Inclusion is not about morals.
You don’t see how a company that illegally employs children in positions that can cause death, dismemberment or 3rd degree burns in wages akin to indentured servitude can be considered immoral?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:56 am
Della wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:45 am

Yet, you are A-okay with chaplains in schools and busing kids from school to religious indoctrination.
I’m ok with it only if that is a choice the student and their parents want to make… Just like I would be fine with Judaic and Islamic instruction as well…

You know people have a choice to work for these companies who support this initiative.

All they want or need is for parents and the public to allow their feet in the door...
There’s nothing wrong with world religions classes in an academic setting.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:01 am

You don’t see how a company that illegally employs children in positions that can cause death, dismemberment or 3rd degree burns in wages akin to indentured servitude can be considered immoral?
Companies make ethical decisions whether good or bad but that doesn't mean they have "morals". Tyson is no more moral or immoral than the state of Arkansas.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:07 am

Companies make ethical decisions whether good or bad but that doesn't mean they have "morals". Tyson is no more moral or immoral than the state of Arkansas.
Actually, this would be both unethical and immoral.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is the first time I’ve heard of REDI. It makes sense though. Not only is the US growing more diverse, companies are expanding globally, and we are in need of cooperation with others who are different than us. That includes religious beliefs. If these programs help with that while also giving people a space to develop connections and community within their workplace, then I’m all for it.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:11 am
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:07 am

Actually, this would be both unethical and immoral.
Corporations have a singular purpose: money. That’s it. If the appearance of moral values creates more profits or prevents bad press from reducing profits, then they will go for it. Can you name a "moral" for profit corporation?

Inclusion programs have been shown to increase employee moral, productivity, and retention. That's why corporations have implemented them. It's not about morals.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:03 am

Yet that's not acceptable to evangelicals.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:23 am
Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:03 am

Yet that's not acceptable to evangelicals.
And if 37 out of the top 50 CEOs are white Christian males, should they be the ones trying to lead the religious debates in the office? How diverse do we really trust their religious viewpoints to be? Is that something they should have any control over when it comes to religious instruction, or would that be better left to an individual’s choice of religious leader?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic