Religious Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (REDI) Index

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thoughts?

"Keeping these issues in mind, companies in the US are actively creating space for religious diversity within the workplace. In the yearly analysis of faith-friendly workplaces conducted by the Religious Freedom & Business Foundation, Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC) secured the top position in the 2023 Corporate Religious Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (REDI) Index. According to Patricia Oliverio, a spokesperson for the company, Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC) provides seven faith-based Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) with over 8,250 members globally. Other popular companies that were among the top 10 faith-friendly organizations included Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOGL) and Salesforce, Inc. (NYSE:CRM).

Salesforce, Inc. (NYSE:CRM) emphasizes that everyone plays a part in achieving equality, and they actively promote this belief by urging employees to support each other as allies. The company has established Faithforce, an employee-led interfaith community within the organization. Through Faithforce, Salesforce, Inc. (NYSE:CRM) has created an inclusive and welcoming culture to maintain a diverse workforce. Similarly, Google, owned by Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOGL), has dedicated significant resources to creating over 16 employee resource groups. The company’s Inter Belief Networks allow employees worldwide to connect with others who have similar values and religious convictions."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/25-most- ... 33279.html
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I’m more pro- keeping religion out of the workplace.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I'm okay with it. If a company, especially an international company, wants to have a diverse workforce (which most do) having a program that includes religious diversity makes sense.

The article highlighted "Faithforce" as the REDI portion of the company Salesforce. Salesforce also has Abilityforce, Asiapacforce, BOLDforce, Outforce, among a whole bunch for "forces" - 16 as the article pointed out. Most people look for a sense of belonging, even in the workplace, so these groups make sense to me. I would have a problem if employees felt that they didn't belong to any group but with Google and Salesforce, it seems as if they have everyone covered and are truly looking for inclusion rather than exclusion.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I’m fine with this too.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:47 pm I’m more pro- keeping religion out of the workplace.
Why?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:49 am
Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:47 pm I’m more pro- keeping religion out of the workplace.
Why?
1) starts unneeded arguments
2) takes attention away from work and into religion
3) we all know that all religions won’t be included because some religions are taboo
4) a lot of religions specifically don’t like each other and think the other one should burn in hell… Like super Christians and witches… while I’m all for people creating their own space for worship, when someone tells another person they’re going to burn in hell, they might get punched in the face. Bad business…
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:06 am
Why?
3) we all know that all religions won’t be included because some religions are taboo
4) a lot of religions specifically don’t like each other and think the other one should burn in hell… Like super Christians and witches… while I’m all for people creating their own space for worship, when someone tells another person they’re going to burn in hell, they might get punched in the face. Bad business…
While I'm all for keeping religion out of the workplace I don't think it's possible. For example, Muslims pray throughout the day and fast for Ramadan. So do Jews for Yom Kippur and Catholics during Lent. My boss closed the office for Good Friday. One can't tell people not to pray during work hours or not wear scarves, hijab, etc. I'd tell my employees "unless someone is sacrificing a goat to fix the printer or cursing that client with voodoo, we're going to live and let live. We're going to let their practices and their choices be between them and the good Lord above. If you can't live and let live without pushing your religion this isn't the place for you."
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:47 am

Why?
While I'm all for keeping religion out of the workplace I don't think it's possible. For example, Muslims pray throughout the day and fast for Ramadan. So do Jews for Yom Kippur and Catholics during Lent. My boss closed the office for Good Friday. One can't tell people not to pray during work hours or not wear scarves, hijab, etc. I'd tell my employees "unless someone is sacrificing a goat to fix the printer or cursing that client with voodoo, we're going to live and let live. We're going to let their practices and their choices be between them and the good Lord above. If you can't live and let live without pushing your religion this isn't the place for you."
What a person eats and wears doesn’t really have anything to do with the rest of the employee’s experiences at work… that should have no bearing and people should do what they want.

But even saying “the good lord above” is religion specific and can cause arguments.

When I was younger we were taught you don’t talk about religion, politics or S*x in the workplace… that’s your own personal beliefs and they don’t belong in the office. I tend to stick with that mentality.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:04 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:47 am

What a person eats and wears doesn’t really have anything to do with the rest of the employee’s experiences at work… that should have no bearing and people should do what they want.

But even saying “the good lord above” is religion specific and can cause arguments.

When I was younger we were taught you don’t talk about religion, politics or S*x in the workplace… that’s your own personal beliefs and they don’t belong in the office. I tend to stick with that mentality.
I think it’s important for a company with diverse, including religiously diverse, employees to work toward inclusion. I don’t see an RDEI program as giving space for worship or debate but rather space for those religious employees to express how the company can enact policy that will make these employees feel included. That could include paid flexible holidays so employees can celebrate Eid or Hanukkah, liberal leave or extended lunch policy for Ash Wednesday, private space for employees to pray, understanding that employees may be less productive during fasting, etc. There a whole lot of workplace accommodations that accommodate Christians, even federal holidays. Companies are learning that it’s important to offer accommodations to those of other faith. I think adults are capable for discussing this without arguing, lol.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Provided that ALL religions and other beliefs are recognized and provided for, I'm for it.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic