This is so unfair to my dd I am pissed

Anonymous 1

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:37 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:08 am
highlandmum wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:41 am

It does not have many but does have a few. In algebra if your mind goes blank and you need to apply the Quadratic Equation then you would be in trouble, same goes for calculating the missing side or angle of a triangle, given only two numbers and the triangle is not a right angle - hence the SOH, CAH, TOA. I do not imagine that the OP's daughters is doing log laws but you would have them as well.
There are a few which is why I was asking her what formulas she was having a hard time memorizing. There tricks out there to help and there aren't that many in algebra certainly not log laws. And math antics visually explains why the 3 angles of a triangle equal 180 degrees so that would make it much easier to understand.
I'm wondering if she has tried any resources before jumping to accomidations.
I wonder as well. That being said, I had a blond moment and stated that SOH, CAH, TOA was for none right angled triangles when I should have side for right angle triangles

My children knew a song for the Quadratic Equation . As you said there are tricks to it. I am wondering if it's not so much the formulas but the application and understanding the rules of factoring. If you do not understand factoring in algebra you are screwed.
I wondered that too. And if mom is throwing a fit and demanding accommodations because her adult daughter can't remember formulas when it's the application of the formulas that's actually the problem it's just going to make things worse. She really needs to handle this herself and try another way before getting accommodations involved.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic