Life Update....I need advice

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There are lots of jobs that don’t require a bachelors degree. Especially when you’re in a major tourist destination. Go back to school if you have an end goal career, don’t just go to procrastinate having to get a job for another couple of years. My husband and I both worked full time jobs while getting degrees. Is it hard? Yeah, but many people do it and it’s very possible. Start taking classes at a community college, they offer tons of online and night classes so you can take one class at a time and work toward your degree while also working. You’re at the point where honestly I think the best thing is to start generating income, even if it’s beginner level, so if you decide to go back to school when you graduate you’ll have both work experience and a degree which is a lot more powerful than just a degree and an almost 20 year work gap.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:54 pm There are lots of jobs that don’t require a bachelors degree. Especially when you’re in a major tourist destination. Go back to school if you have an end goal career, don’t just go to procrastinate having to get a job for another couple of years. My husband and I both worked full time jobs while getting degrees. Is it hard? Yeah, but many people do it and it’s very possible. Start taking classes at a community college, they offer tons of online and night classes so you can take one class at a time and work toward your degree while also working. You’re at the point where honestly I think the best thing is to start generating income, even if it’s beginner level, so if you decide to go back to school when you graduate you’ll have both work experience and a degree which is a lot more powerful than just a degree and an almost 20 year work gap.
Your comment made me giggle a little. I was thinking how I have a bookkeeping degree and work in a billing center (because it’s WFH) - not that you asked or care. I just thought it.

Kookoo - I saw in another comment of yours that you want a sit down job but can’t find one there. Have you looked at indeed? I live in Tennessee but work out of Portland, Oregon. I’m positive there are other jobs that do that. You just have to look for them. I also used to work at U-Haul call center which is based out of phoenix, AZ.

Be aware that a sit down job can be just as stressful and exhausting as another type. My back and arms kill me daily.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Kookookrazy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:50 pm I'm also nervous about going back to school because of the amount of work ill have to put in the classes. I HATE, HATE, HATE writing papers!!
Is there anything in particular that you wish to learn? Or are you just looking for a piece of paper that might improve your chances of gaining a better paying job?

Going to university just to please a relative is a waste of money.

If you require a degree to apply for a particular job at some company, if it is a company worth working for then they're probably interested in more than just the piece of paper - they're looking for the attitude towards learning (and a willingness to work hard for an extended period in order to attain a goal).

If you hate writing papers, then you're not going to be a good match for a job where you need to research stuff, analyse it, organised the knowledge you gain and present it logically.

Have a look at these:
https://luminate.prospects.ac.uk/how-gr ... ee-subject
https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide. ... o-and-earn

and bear in mind that your chances of improving your salary enough to cover your student loan is affected by how well you graduate as well as where you graduate.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:31 pm Have a look at these:
https://luminate.prospects.ac.uk/how-gr ... ee-subject
https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide. ... o-and-earn

and bear in mind that your chances of improving your salary enough to cover your student loan is affected by how well you graduate as well as where you graduate.
If Kookookrazy didn't look at the links and perform the suggested calculation or, worse, if she didn't understand what to do, then I'd bet university is the wrong choice for her.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Your DD is taking college algebra and doing well? Didn't you just post about how she's not going to pass and the school is discriminatory and all that?
WTH? Your posts confuse the hell outta me.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It sounds to me like you know what you want. You want to work a basic job. You don't want to go to college. There's nothing wrong with that.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

ok
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic