Here’s my small annoyance for the day…

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I’ve got twins in band-

Now, usually the band moms/dads are getting drinks and snacks for the band as they practice or are at competitions… that’s great, we all chip in and love it.

But now the band directors ( there are five of them) are starting this Student snacks AND THEN director’s snacks and drinks…they want basically “ more special” drinks and snacks like Starbucks coffees and pastries instead of the pizza and soda the kids are getting.

And they want a whole volunteer group just for their snacks/drinks…

I find this ridiculous.

We’re all here for the kids, and by all means the directors should get as much pizza and soda that they want along with the kids, but wth is this “special snacks” thing… enough. Ok, that’s my rant…
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

When my kids were in band eons ago, the band parents just supplied "special snacks" to the band directors without asking. I thought that was the norm, lol.

I think parents should support their kids in band as well as supporting their kids' teachers and mentors (the band directors). It's nice if that support doesn't come across as the kids' leftovers.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:22 pm When my kids were in band eons ago, the band parents just supplied "special snacks" to the band directors without asking. I thought that was the norm, lol.

I think parents should support their kids in band as well as supporting their kids' teachers and mentors (the band directors). It's nice if that support doesn't come across as the kids' leftovers.
Why would it be “leftovers” if we get a meal catered for everyone?
Sometimes it’s pizza, sometimes sandwiches, sometimes pasta… why would that effort made by the parents not be considered good enough, and they want Starbucks? Not just Starbucks, but they want a parent that showed up to volunteer for the kids to leave for a half an hour to go get their order… it’s absurd.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:37 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:22 pm When my kids were in band eons ago, the band parents just supplied "special snacks" to the band directors without asking. I thought that was the norm, lol.

Sometimes it’s pizza, sometimes sandwiches, sometimes pasta… why would that effort made by the parents not be considered good enough, and they want Starbucks? Not just Starbucks, but they want a parent that showed up to volunteer for the kids to leave for a half an hour to go get their order… it’s absurd.
As I said, band parents did it without being asked when my kids were in school. We also did it for the theater directors - they sometimes got flowers.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:40 pm

As I said, band parents did it without being asked when my kids were in school. We also did it for the theater directors - they sometimes got flowers.
Sure thing.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:42 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:40 pm
Sure thing.
🤷‍♀️
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I may have missed it.....who covers the expense of these "special snacks"?
just an old coot 😉🌵
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:02 pm I may have missed it.....who covers the expense of these "special snacks"?
The parents.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:09 pm
AZOldGal66 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:02 pm I may have missed it.....who covers the expense of these "special snacks"?
The parents.
I can see reasons for this being an annoyance and a burden for some parent's, and due to THIS alone.

Maybe the director's and coaches need to understand this?
just an old coot 😉🌵
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Bring them thermoses (sp?) of coffee and the condiments, along with some donuts. No big deal unless you can't afford it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic