What are y’all are doing this Friday night?

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Flirty texting with a guy I’m going on a date with tomorrow
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

After I got done with job A, I relaxed for about an hour then went and did some deliveries for 2.5 hrs, followed by picking up a pizza for dinner and vegging on the couch not watching I have no idea what was even on and reading a couple chapters before crashing. Not very exciting.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Finished an excellent novel - "The Searcher" by Tana French. The sequel just came out, and I wanted to read the books in the order published. I don't often read during the afternoon.... but this book really captivated me and I was free so I indulged.

Chef salad for dinner, and watched the first episodes of "Apple Never Fall" on Peacock. Series is OK, but no where near the fun of the source novel by Liane Moriarty. Why do they feel the need to switch the storyline from the original novel??? It is seldom an improvement.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can't believe it, but I found a video online of my college graduation in the 90s. Spent some time editing it down to a 20 second clip for my scrapbook.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Love Tana French! The Searcher was excellent. Have you read any other novels by her? After reading In The Woods, I was hooked. I'm looking forward to reading The Hunter. I'm going to finish reading The Running Grave first ( Robert Galbraith's Cormoran Strike series).

Edit: bc I just realized you said you read her books in order.
MonarchMom wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:40 pm Finished an excellent novel - "The Searcher" by Tana French. The sequel just came out, and I wanted to read the books in the order published. I don't often read during the afternoon.... but this book really captivated me and I was free so I indulged.

Chef salad for dinner, and watched the first episodes of "Apple Never Fall" on Peacock. Series is OK, but no where near the fun of the source novel by Liane Moriarty. Why do they feel the need to switch the storyline from the original novel??? It is seldom an improvement.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I got my ass kicked by a 24 year old during live training in BJJ Friday evening. It was awesome ;) Now I'm hurting. I just don't revoker as quickly as I use to.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:26 pm Love Tana French! The Searcher was excellent. Have you read any other novels by her? After reading In The Woods, I was hooked. I'm looking forward to reading The Hunter. I'm going to finish reading The Running Grave first ( Robert Galbraith's Cormoran Strike series).

MonarchMom wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:40 pm Finished an excellent novel - "The Searcher" by Tana French. The sequel just came out, and I wanted to read the books in the order published. I don't often read during the afternoon.... but this book really captivated me and I was free so I indulged.

I've read a few of the Cormoran Strike volumes too.

This is my first Tana French, and I will read The Hunter next. I can really see how this would make a fantastic film with the expansive scenery, colorful dialogue, and tight plot.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

We had an early night last night because we had to be up early today for the town St. Patrick's festival and my DH has a big role in the event. I just got back. He's still there until 6.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh, absolutely! And she does a fantastic job of setting up the expansive scenery to set the mood ( especially the isolation) of the story line.
MonarchMom wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:37 pm
cgd5112 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:26 pm Love Tana French! The Searcher was excellent. Have you read any other novels by her? After reading In The Woods, I was hooked. I'm looking forward to reading The Hunter. I'm going to finish reading The Running Grave first ( Robert Galbraith's Cormoran Strike series).

I've read a few of the Cormoran Strike volumes too.

This is my first Tana French, and I will read The Hunter next. I can really see how this would make a fantastic film with the expansive scenery, colorful dialogue, and tight plot.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hit up a couple stores to grab items for raffle baskets. Fundraiser is tonight.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic