It feels like our little corner of the internet is dying

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It’s sad…

But those of us who remain just have such different beliefs and none of them can be shared without being insulted or laughed at… so we stopped.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:55 am It’s sad…

But those of us who remain just have such different beliefs and none of them can be shared without being insulted or laughed at… so we stopped.
I still enjoy the site, and one of the main reasons I interact is to read the opinions of those who think differently. I already know what I think, but there is always the possibility to learn from others - or at least gain insight.

Just not responding to insults or sarcasm seems to be the best option. I try to just move on to the posters who actually have something of substance to offer.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

By dying do you mean less pointless trolls? I think it's quite nice actually.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s me. So many hateful posts, so I started putting people in my ignore list. It got too big and I felt too lonely.
I do appreciate the few people like you, who were supportive! 🤗

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:19 am

I still enjoy the site, and one of the main reasons I interact is to read the opinions of those who think differently. I already know what I think, but there is always the possibility to learn from others - or at least gain insight.

Just not responding to insults or sarcasm seems to be the best option. I try to just move on to the posters who actually have something of substance to offer.
That was the same for me, I loved hearing opinions that were different than mine.
I just got tired of defending myself rather than defending my views.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I think for me, I just no longer feel like defending my opinion or posting links to sites that demonstrate where I got my opinion from....to only be told I'm wrong for my opinion.

Sure, that's how people debate I suppose but I no longer care to participate. Just don't have it in me.

I feel too, that the condescending and sometimes outright rude replies is not only eye roll worthy, it's a major turn off for me.
just an old coot 😉🌵
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I know, it is so quiet!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:29 am By dying do you mean less pointless trolls? I think it's quite nice actually.
The two who troll the most have been quiet for awhile. Who are you talking about?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I’m grateful to you too, if you ever want to make friends on Facebook, let me know and I’ll send you a friend request :)
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:29 am That’s me. So many hateful posts, so I started putting people in my ignore list. It got too big and I felt too lonely.
I do appreciate the few people like you, who were supportive! 🤗

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic