It feels like our little corner of the internet is dying

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:22 am
MonarchMom wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:19 am
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:55 am It’s sad…

But those of us who remain just have such different beliefs and none of them can be shared without being insulted or laughed at… so we stopped.
I still enjoy the site, and one of the main reasons I interact is to read the opinions of those who think differently. I already know what I think, but there is always the possibility to learn from others - or at least gain insight.

Just not responding to insults or sarcasm seems to be the best option. I try to just move on to the posters who actually have something of substance to offer.
That was the same for me, I loved hearing opinions that were different than mine.
I just got tired of defending myself rather than defending my views.
Totally agree. I've deleted the past few things I almost posted because I knew there would be at least a few people who would twist it around and make me out to be some terrible person. I just don't have the energy to deal with that.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wait - is the site closing down? Is the Eagles Nest not active anymore?

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:46 am I’m grateful to you too, if you ever want to make friends on Facebook, let me know and I’ll send you a friend request :)
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:29 am That’s me. So many hateful posts, so I started putting people in my ignore list. It got too big and I felt too lonely.
I do appreciate the few people like you, who were supportive! 🤗
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:55 am It’s sad…

But those of us who remain just have such different beliefs and none of them can be shared without being insulted or laughed at… so we stopped.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No, no. I think we’re all just reflecting on why interaction here has been so down.
cgd5112 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:58 pm Wait - is the site closing down? Is the Eagles Nest not active anymore?

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:46 am I’m grateful to you too, if you ever want to make friends on Facebook, let me know and I’ll send you a friend request :)
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:29 am That’s me. So many hateful posts, so I started putting people in my ignore list. It got too big and I felt too lonely.
I do appreciate the few people like you, who were supportive! 🤗

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Perhaps if it weren’t so clique things would pick up. Just saying.
honeyrder
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:42 pm Perhaps if it weren’t so clique things would pick up. Just saying.
I forgot about this site. I miss the the cliques, or rather, group rivalries, of cafemom, and I've never found it anywhere else. Not sure what made me think of this place today, but I'll probably forget it again if I get back to sleep. lol
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don’t respond much to people because of the constant insults. I’ll respond to original posters and a few who I know respond gracefully - but, no, I’m responding to those who can’t discuss differences rationally.

I’m just too old, lazy, and preoccupied to drown myself defending my opinions. I’m tired.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

honeyrder wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:07 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:42 pm Perhaps if it weren’t so clique things would pick up. Just saying.
I forgot about this site. I miss the the cliques, or rather, group rivalries, of cafemom, and I've never found it anywhere else. Not sure what made me think of this place today, but I'll probably forget it again if I get back to sleep. lol
There’s still some of that here. It’s just a whisper here whereas CafeMom was an outright war.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We were getting a good amount of traffic through TikTok because I had a link in my bio on one of my TikTok accounts that has about 14K followers and gets 300,000-1,000,000 views per video but nobody new ever posts anything so 🤷‍♀️ idk if anyone new even signed up. I ended up taking down the link to advertise my online store a bit so I could make some money to pay for next months hosting bill but I’ll put it back up again in like a week. At least I get some ad revenue out of it lol.
🤓The Admin 🤓
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You old? No. I saw the pics you posted a few weeks ago of yourself. You are not old.

mater-three wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:29 am I don’t respond much to people because of the constant insults. I’ll respond to original posters and a few who I know respond gracefully - but, no, I’m responding to those who can’t discuss differences rationally.

I’m just too old, lazy, and preoccupied to drown myself defending my opinions. I’m tired.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:13 pm You old? No. I saw the pics you posted a few weeks ago of yourself. You are not old.

mater-three wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:29 am I don’t respond much to people because of the constant insults. I’ll respond to original posters and a few who I know respond gracefully - but, no, I’m responding to those who can’t discuss differences rationally.

Hah! Thanks. I’m 47 - and some days (like yesterday) I feel every second of it. I work with a bunch of 18-25 year olds. Their abilities to do the work, get offline, and go partying or whatever makes me doubt myself because the workday ending excites me only because I get to go to bed. I feel ancient. 40-hour-weeks aren’t as easy as it was when I was 20, and for that matter 30s. 😁

Working with all these youngsters wears me out. I don’t even have a physical job (as in physical labor intensive.) I work in a billing center.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic