Do you see any validity in this woman’s poem? Or is she missing the mark on how to be inclusive?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

52474317-C4C1-408B-9AC7-D50058E9179B.jpeg
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I see a point, and the point I see is to create hostility toward transgender people.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:10 pm I see a point, and the point I see is to create hostility toward transgender people.
Do you think there’s any validity behind women not wanting to be defined by words like “chestfeeders, birthing units, or breeders”?
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:15 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:10 pm I see a point, and the point I see is to create hostility toward transgender people.
Do you think there’s any validity behind women not wanting to be defined by words like “chestfeeders, birthing units, or breeders”?
Sure - the same validity as not wanting to be defined as sluts, hags, dogs, etc. etc., Nor should men be defined by body parts or stereotypes. All of that is dehumanizing.

I also find words like "help meet" and "compliment" dehumanizing.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:25 pm
Sure - the same validity as not wanting to be defined as sluts, hags, dogs, etc. etc., Nor should men be defined by body parts or stereotypes. All of that is dehumanizing.

The word compliment is dehumanizing?
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I guess I don't care that much. Being referred to as a "chestfeeder" doesn't really take anything away from me or my identity or how I feel about myself.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:29 pm

In the sense of "Complementarianism" as defining the role of women to be the "compliment" to a husband, who has the role of "head" and leader in a family. In this view the woman is a "compliment" to the husband, but not a fully realized and autonomous being.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

And what rights are being "obliterated"?
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

There's quite a bit of validity, IMO, to the words in the poem.

I'm a Mom and have been for nearly 38 years. New titles are offensive and don't redefine me.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:38 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:29 pm

In the sense of "Complementarianism" as defining the role of women to be the "compliment" to a husband, who has the role of "head" and leader in a family. In this view the woman is a "compliment" to the husband, but not a fully realized and autonomous being.
I guess I haven’t heard it used like that other than movies in the 50’s or super religious people..

But do you think that’s along the same lines as a woman being called a pregnant woman? As far as I know, most pregnant women didn’t have a problem being called a pregnant woman. Although some are feeling dehumanized by being called Breeders.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic