A UN envoy says there are ‘reasonable grounds’ to believe Hamas committed sexual violence on Oct. 7

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

[quoteUNITED NATIONS (AP) — The U.N. envoy focusing on sexual violence in conflict said in a new report Monday that there are “reasonable grounds” to believe Hamas committed rape, “sexualized torture,” and other cruel and inhumane treatment of women during its surprise attack in southern Israel on Oct. 7.

There are also “reasonable grounds to believe that such violence may be ongoing,” said Pramila Patten, who visited Israel and the West Bank from Jan. 29 to Feb. 14 with a nine-member team. In the report, she said the team “found clear and convincing information” that some hostages have been subjected to the same forms of conflict-related sexual violence including rape and “sexualized torture.”][/quote]

https://apnews.com/article/israel-pales ... 97e397177e
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"Her key recommendation is to encourage Israel to grant access to the U.N. human rights chief and the Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Palestinian territories and Israel “to carry out full-fledged investigations into the alleged violations” — and she expressed hope the Security Council would do this."
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Over 150 days later, they've come to this conclusion?

They're not really quick on the uptake, are they? 🤨
just an old coot 😉🌵
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:39 pm Over 150 days later, they've come to this conclusion?

Better to properly investigate than to claim it as fact practically the day after 10/7.
306/232

AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Della wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:01 pm
AZOldGal66 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:39 pm Over 150 days later, they've come to this conclusion?

Better to properly investigate than to claim it as fact practically the day after 10/7.
So a proper investigation takes months, particularly in a situation like this?

Sorry, but to me and especially with respect to UNRWA too, the UN failed on the job here.
just an old coot 😉🌵
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think the release of this report is important in light of the fact that the veracity of the pivotal NYT article on systemic rape on October 7th was recently brought into question. This report confirms parts of the article and questions other parts. It's important that the NYT article not be taken at totally truthful but at the same time, not be taken as totally false either.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I understand documented investigations but this was common sense to me. Any man who would commit an inhumane crime against a female isn’t going to suddenly get a conscious when it comes to rape.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Eyewitnesses, video evidence that was live-streamed, and forensic evidence. What does it take for the UN to face reality and finally accept the obvious? UN is complicit with hamas.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:31 pm I think the release of this report is important in light of the fact that the veracity of the pivotal NYT article on systemic rape on October 7th was recently brought into question. This report confirms parts of the article and questions other parts. It's important that the NYT article not be taken at totally truthful but at the same time, not be taken as totally false either.
I totally agree.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Israel can claim whatever and Christian Zionists/Christian Nationalists will lap it up without questioning anything.

This is just another plot attempt to get rid of the UN. When it's of no use to you anymore and doesn't support Israel, it's got to go.
306/232

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic