MAGAT suckers born every minute, what did they learn? Nothing.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:16 pm
EebilKitteh wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:43 pm This was just reported : AI-generated images of Trump with Black voters being spread by supporters

Why the need to generate fake photos?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ack-voters
AI doesn’t like to show white people, it’s much more inclusive and diverse if it shows mostly or all pictures of POC, so whoever made it probably just typed in “Trump with his supporters”.
That's a new one! Let's blame AI for making propaganda fake photos that specifically show a voter base DT is trying to reach.
Donald Trump supporters have been creating and sharing AI-generated fake images of black voters to encourage African Americans to vote Republican.

BBC Panorama discovered dozens of deepfakes portraying black people as supporting the former president.

Mr Trump has openly courted black voters, who were key to Joe Biden's election win in 2020.

But there's no evidence directly linking these images to Mr Trump's campaign.

The co-founder of Black Voters Matter, a group which encourages black people to vote, said the manipulated images were pushing a "strategic narrative" designed to show Mr Trump as popular in the black community.

A creator of one of the images told the BBC: "I'm not claiming it's accurate."

The fake images of black Trump supporters, generated by artificial intelligence (AI), are one of the emerging disinformation trends ahead of the US presidential election in November.

Unlike in 2016, when there was evidence of foreign influence campaigns, the AI-generated images found by the BBC appear to have been made and shared by US voters themselves.

One of them was Mark Kaye and his team at a conservative radio show in Florida.

They created an image of Mr Trump smiling with his arms around a group of black women at a party and shared it on Facebook, where Mr Kaye has more than one million followers.

At first it looks real, but on closer inspection everyone's skin is a little too shiny and there are missing fingers on people's hands - some tell-tale signs of AI-created images.

"I'm not a photojournalist," Mr Kaye tells me from his radio studio.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-suppor ... 35585.html
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lol what I said is national news right now…and I said it in a post trying to blame trump for some random picture one of his supporters made up…

Let’s get all the liberal white women to stand up against this shit so they can tell us how black people vote.
MonarchMom wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:39 pm
EebilKitteh wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:43 pm This was just reported : AI-generated images of Trump with Black voters being spread by supporters

Why the need to generate fake photos?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ack-voters
AI doesn’t like to show white people, it’s much more inclusive and diverse if it shows mostly or all pictures of POC, so whoever made it probably just typed in “Trump with his supporters”.
That's a new one! Let's blame AI for making propaganda fake photos that specifically show a voter base DT is trying to reach.
Donald Trump supporters have been creating and sharing AI-generated fake images of black voters to encourage African Americans to vote Republican.

BBC Panorama discovered dozens of deepfakes portraying black people as supporting the former president.

Mr Trump has openly courted black voters, who were key to Joe Biden's election win in 2020.

The co-founder of Black Voters Matter, a group which encourages black people to vote, said the manipulated images were pushing a "strategic narrative" designed to show Mr Trump as popular in the black community.

The fake images of black Trump supporters, generated by artificial intelligence (AI), are one of the emerging disinformation trends ahead of the US presidential election in November.

Unlike in 2016, when there was evidence of foreign influence campaigns, the AI-generated images found by the BBC appear to have been made and shared by US voters themselves.

They created an image of Mr Trump smiling with his arms around a group of black women at a party and shared it on Facebook, where Mr Kaye has more than one million followers.

At first it looks real, but on closer inspection everyone's skin is a little too shiny and there are missing fingers on people's hands - some tell-tale signs of AI-created images.

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:48 pm Lol what I said is national news right now…and I said it in a post trying to blame trump for some random picture one of his supporters made up…

Let’s get all the liberal white women to stand up against this shit so they can tell us how black people vote.

Have to confess I have zero idea what point you are trying to make. I guess I can't follow sarcasm?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:52 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:48 pm Lol what I said is national news right now…and I said it in a post trying to blame trump for some random picture one of his supporters made up…

Have to confess I have zero idea what point you are trying to make. I guess I can't follow sarcasm?

1)AI generated images have been in the news for weeks now because of… I don’t know what to call it… “racial untruths. Somewhat ironic that last week it was all in the name of inclusion, but this week it’s a purposeful misrepresentation….

2) I find it comical when white women get mad at bullshit like this… as though “they know” how Black people collectively vote and are standing up against racism perpetrated by a rando who made pictures of Trump with Black people. Even though those same white women know that there are some Black people who are going to vote for Trump…. It’s just a crazy little repeating rollercoaster of chat.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:26 pm

1)AI generated images have been in the news for weeks now because of… I don’t know what to call it… “racial untruths. Somewhat ironic that last week it was all in the name of inclusion, but this week it’s a purposeful misrepresentation….

2) I find it comical when white women get mad at bullshit like this… as though “they know” how Black people collectively vote and are standing up against racism perpetrated by a rando who made pictures of Trump with Black people. Even though those same white women know that there are some Black people who are going to vote for Trump…. It’s just a crazy little repeating rollercoaster of chat.
I don't see where anyone is claiming to know how anyone else will or should vote. People can call out fake photos as misleading or manufactured just because they are fake.

As I see it DT and his supporters want him to appear less racist. Both to court minority voters and also to put his base more at ease. If he isn't racist then supporting him doesn't imply they are racist. But the photos are fake, and made for a reason. Not just random AI generated crowds, but specifically DT hugging and greeting smiling Black people generated by a formula.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:32 pm

I don't see where anyone is claiming to know how anyone else will or should vote. People can call out fake photos as misleading or manufactured just because they are fake.

As I see it DT and his supporters want him to appear less racist. Both to court minority voters and also to put his base more at ease. If he isn't racist then supporting him doesn't imply they are racist. But the photos are fake, and made for a reason. Not just random AI generated crowds, but specifically DT hugging and greeting smiling Black people generated by a formula.
Lot of maybes…

https://unherd.com/newsroom/ny-times-tr ... early-500/

Maybe some people aren’t seeing his brand of racism as any worse than Biden’s…

Maybe there are reasons besides racial issues people are deciding to vote on this time…

Maybe you’re not seeing it through the eyes of Black people who might vote for him…
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:16 pm AI doesn’t like to show white people, it’s much more inclusive and diverse if it shows mostly or all pictures of POC, so whoever made it probably just typed in “Trump with his supporters”.
Do you really think so?

Co-pilot (formerly Bing) and Imagine (Meta) will not generate political content. However I had no trouble getting other AIs to generate pictures of "Trump with his supporters." They look like this:

Absolute Reality v1.6:

Dreamshaper v7:

Stable Diffusion 2.1, Leonardo portal

Dezgo:

Yodayo (this one is admittedly weird):

Do you know why the issue exists? AIs were producing almost exclusively white people by default. This was not realistic, obviously, and so programmers fiddled with the parameters. In some cases they appear to have overcompensated, but it wasn't an attempt to exclude white people. In fact, white people still dominate ordinary output from neutral prompts at Co-pilot, Imagine and other popular AIs:

People at a rock concert:

People at a picnic:

So, there's no need to feel under-represented.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I was referencing this:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/fox-news-te ... people.amp

It would be fun to post ai images though and play the “what was my prompt” game…
9ED7F985-45E4-4415-B0B7-C4CBDAEB3ACC.jpeg
SallyMae wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:13 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:16 pm AI doesn’t like to show white people, it’s much more inclusive and diverse if it shows mostly or all pictures of POC, so whoever made it probably just typed in “Trump with his supporters”.
Do you really think so?

Co-pilot (formerly Bing) and Imagine (Meta) will not generate political content. However I had no trouble getting other AIs to generate pictures of "Trump with his supporters." They look like this:

Absolute Reality v1.6:

Dreamshaper v7:

Stable Diffusion 2.1, Leonardo portal

Dezgo:

Yodayo (this one is admittedly weird):

Do you know why the issue exists? AIs were producing almost exclusively white people by default. This was not realistic, obviously, and so programmers fiddled with the parameters. In some cases they appear to have overcompensated, but it wasn't an attempt to exclude white people. In fact, white people still dominate ordinary output from neutral prompts at Co-pilot, Imagine and other popular AIs:

People at a rock concert:

People at a picnic:

So, there's no need to feel under-represented.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:51 pm

Lot of maybes…

Maybe there are reasons besides racial issues people are deciding to vote on this time…

Maybe you’re not seeing it through the eyes of Black people who might vote for him…
Your "maybe" responses seem to be three different tangents that are not related to the topic.

The images are fake. They are specific images created to show events that did not happen. They feature DT and a fake group of Black people. Nothing about that is changed or explained by your other speculations.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:29 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:51 pm

Lot of maybes…

Your "maybe" responses seem to be three different tangents that are not related to the topic.

The images are fake. They are specific images created to show events that did not happen. They feature DT and a fake group of Black people. Nothing about that is changed or explained by your other speculations.

My “maybes” are a response to your “as I see it’s”…
Do you think AI images of politicians should be disallowed or taboo to make?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic