Question for Doctor Moms - Update

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Results from her blood panel came in earlier today and all were negative. Her primary recommended she head over to ER which is what she’s doing now.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:05 pm Results from her blood panel came in earlier today and all were negative. Her primary recommended she head over to ER which is what she’s doing now.
Hugs and good vibes sent 💜
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sending positive vibes. I hope they find out what is causing her pain. Please update.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I hope whatever is causing her pain is resolved quickly. In the blood panel, was she screened for Lyme's disease? She doesn't need to be in the deep woods to be exposed or even have had a bull's eye mark. Standard blood panel will screen for rheumatoid arthritis but not Lyme's necessarily. Also see if an ortho doc can see her and rule out osteoarthritis and Reiter Syndrome.

Please update when you can. We are all keeping you and your daughter in our thoughts.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sending positive and healing thoughts for your daughter.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Prayers for your daughter and you.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am glad she has a referral to rheum! Does she have an accompanying rash?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:39 am I am glad she has a referral to rheum! Does she have an accompanying rash?
No rash and no fatigue.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:39 am I am glad she has a referral to rheum! Does she have an accompanying rash?
Question for you?! Today she is considerably more comfortable - swelling is down and not as achy. It's probably due to the steroids. BUT, she also woke with "flu-like" symptoms. At no point was she tested for Covid or flu. Could this just be an immune system response to something like flu?

She has an appointment with rheumatologist end of next week.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:57 am
Question for you?! Today she is considerably more comfortable - swelling is down and not as achy. It's probably due to the steroids. BUT, she also woke with "flu-like" symptoms. At no point was she tested for Covid or flu. Could this just be an immune system response to something like flu?

She has an appointment with rheumatologist end of next week.
It would be unusual for COVID or influenza to present with polyathralgias for several days/weeks, prior to other viral inflammatory symptoms. The parvovirus B19 virus commonly produces joint pain in females, but again, every time I see this, usually the flu-like symptoms come before the joint pain. BUT, I am surprised regularly, by people not presenting like my textbooks tell me they should or the last 50 patients did; lol. That’s the fun part of being human!

What other symptoms is she having now? Like URI symptoms?

Did they check for parvovirus antibodies? You mentioned sed rate. Did they check a CRP too?

Has she had any international travel?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic