Well then

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Dds tap shoe broke so we took it to a shoe repair place. Basically there's a piece of elastic that holds on the buckle and it snapped. So dh took it in, paid the $15 they charged, and expected it to be fixed. The first time dd put it on it came right back off and I had to drive the hour each way back to the shoe repair place to get it fixed again. While I was there I decided to have them fix the other shoe too if they would hold this time. These are $100 tap shoes so I'd rather repair than replace.
So we go in and I tell the man behind the counter that my husband had them repair but they were just glued and the first time she went to put them on it came apart. And I show them how the other shoe is close to breaking as well. He says well all I can do is glue it and I tell him that if they can't be fixed to the point we can trust them to hold on stage I'd rather not pay for repair I'll have to buy new ones instead. So he grabs the original shoe and takes it back to glue it again. He comes back saying that that the glue wasn't down in there like it should have been and had dd pull on it to make sure it was satisfactory. Then he turns to me and snaps "is that good enough can I do the other one now?" And I was like yes please do. So he replaced the piece of elastic and glued that one as well and also made sure dd was satisfied with it. She asked him if he could replace the strap that goes over the foot because the hole she likes to use the most is wearing out (we've had them replaced on previous tap shoes in another state for $15) and he looks at me and goes "there is absolutely nothing I'm going to be able to do to those shoes that will be up to your standards."
I thought I was reading too much into it until we left and dd was like did you see that sign that there's a $10 charge for putting up with you if you're difficult? I'm surprised he didn't try to charge you. What was his problem anyways you were nothing but polite. You just asked the shoe repair place to repair the shoes."
I mean am I wrong in expecting the repair to hold? He didn't charge me the 2nd time but I was standing there money in hand prepared to pay for the 2nd shoe.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Sounds like the shoes are falling apart due to old age. You probably should have purchased new instead of continuing to try and repair these.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Rosehawk wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:22 pm Sounds like the shoes are falling apart due to old age. You probably should have purchased new instead of continuing to try and repair these.
I bought them in August. Next time I'll buy a different brand. They're name brand leather shoes so I'm very disappointed with them.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would have gone somewhere else. They should have sewn the elastic on. Glue on tap shoes is never going to hold up. Also a pair of tap shoes should last more than 6 months. I would change brands if you can, I know some studios are very particular about shoes for competition.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:52 pm I would have gone somewhere else. They should have sewn the elastic on. Glue on tap shoes is never going to hold up. Also a pair of tap shoes should last more than 6 months. I would change brands if you can, I know some studios are very particular about shoes for competition.
I totally agree about all of this but it's the only shoe repair around. I'm buying a different brand next time for sure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic