Help me figure out what to say to this band director before I lose my temper..,

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ehh, I would not say much of anything at this point. Just a quick email that states your understanding of the unexcused absences, and that you need clarification of the policy, so you can guide you DD in the decisions she makes — with the principal Cc’ed.

But then, after my WWYD post — I realized I am pretty laid back compared to other parents on this entire forum, lol.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:26 am Ehh, I would not say much of anything at this point. Just a quick email that states your understanding of the unexcused absences, and that you need clarification of the policy, so you can guide you DD in the decisions she makes — with the principal Cc’ed.

But then, after my WWYD post — I realized I am pretty laid back compared to other parents on this entire forum, lol.
What did you wind up doing about that incident?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You're sue happy according to the other post. Just send your attorney to school with your dd.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:26 am Ehh, I would not say much of anything at this point. Just a quick email that states your understanding of the unexcused absences, and that you need clarification of the policy, so you can guide you DD in the decisions she makes — with the principal Cc’ed.

This is what I would do as well but probably encourage my daughter to send the email and include me on the cc.

Honestly, it's good preparation for consequences faced as entering adulthood and how requests for time off from everything from class attendance to work are routinely denied and one has to make personal choices. Frankly, the consequence of a detention period for missing practice is pretty tame.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:16 am

I spoke to the principal about it. She and I have been really friendly for years now so I talked to her when I saw her in the office one day when I was dropping off something for my son. I was saying how important this trip is and she said “oh don’t worry, I’ll take care of it. She’ll be excused”
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:47 am

I spoke to the principal about it. She and I have been really friendly for years now so I talked to her when I saw her in the office one day when I was dropping off something for my son. I was saying how important this trip is and she said “oh don’t worry, I’ll take care of it. She’ll be excused”
I was asking Live what she did about the band teacher pushing incident since she didn't update her post. But glad things will work out for you!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

People will call me a bad mom, but I asked my son what he wanted me to do, and he said, nothing. So that is what I did. He did talk to the teacher about the event himself yesterday.

The cast put on wonderful performances, and I am glad that I had not created any drama that would have influenced or stressed out the students/cast members after they had worked SO HARD for months.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:39 am

People will call me a bad mom, but I asked my son what he wanted me to do, and he said, nothing. So that is what I did. He did talk to the teacher about the event himself yesterday.

The cast put on wonderful performances, and I am glad that I had not created any drama that would have influenced or stressed out the students/cast members after they had worked SO HARD for months.
You're not a bad Mom. Not everything needs to turn into involving police, lawyers, and the electric chair. I'm glad it went well!!
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:39 am

I'm glad your son talked to the teacher himself and I hope the teacher apologized and has learned something from the situation. Emotions run high during tech week and your son handled the situation well. And I think you're a great Mom. You let your child take the lead.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic