Did you make sure to show your kids all your favorite cartoons from your own childhood?

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Or did they mainly watch the new shows?
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I was a Scooby Doo girl back in the day, so both of my kids grew up watching the original SD..they have also seen the Smurfs and the Snorks plus Fraggle Rock..
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 1

Unread post

We aren't really an electronics family tv included so no. We will show them some movies we used to watch on our rare family movie nights but that's about it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My kids have even seen Blondie and Dagwood!
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not cartoons, but my kids have seen M*A*S*H* and Star Trek: The Next Generation all the way through, because I wanted them to have parables.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We just got finished watching all of Boy Meets World. I didn’t make them watch it with me, but my ODS would often stop what he was doing to watch many of them with me. He also asked about more shows I watched when I was a kid. He (sometimes me and him) is watching yu-gi-oh as well. DH tried to get them to watch Tale Spin and Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers. They weren’t interested. I got my youngest to watch The Chronicles of Narnia with me, and we are going to start the books soon.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sure! But they grew up having to watch shows on VHS so I only bought what I liked, lol.
Kid shows - Looney Toons, HR Pufnstuf, Flinstones, Jetsons, Gilligans Island, Brady Bunch, The Monkeys. I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of right now.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

OMG! I watched ALL of those shows as a kid :) I also watched school house rock and the Hanna Barbera cartoons. DO you remember George of The Jungle, Penelope Pitstop, Speed Racer, and Underdog?
WellPreserved wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:57 am Sure! But they grew up having to watch shows on VHS so I only bought what I liked, lol.
Kid shows - Looney Toons, HR Pufnstuf, Flinstones, Jetsons, Gilligans Island, Brady Bunch, The Monkeys. I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of right now.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Our tv when I was a kid could only play tapes so I never actually looked at if the shows I watched were airing when I was a kid or were older. I didn’t make a point to show them to them, but they do watch some of the same shows I did, usually the ones that are still pretty popular and accessible like Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Avatar the Last Airbender. They also watch some early 2000s shows that I don’t remember really watching since I was a teenager by then, like Danny Phantom, Teen Titans, etc. My husband wasn’t allowed to watch their family tv when he was a kid (it was only for his dad to watch the news) so he sometimes would watch a show at a friends house but didn’t really have anything that he watched regularly.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Only School House Rock and The Super Friends ( before the Wonder Twins- I found them annoying as a kid). He’s into some Soap Opera cartoon called Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir at the moment.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic