Arizona prosecutor slams ‘soft-on-crime’ DA Bragg, refuses to send suspect in Soho hotel murder back to NYC

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

An Arizona prosecutor took a scathing swipe at progressive Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg Wednesday, saying she won’t ship the suspect in a vicious Soho hotel slaying back to the Big Apple because “it’s safer to keep him here.”

Maricopa County Attorney Rachel Mitchell said Raad Almansoori, who is sought in the beating death of a Queens mom at a Manhattan hotel earlier this month, will remain behind bars on her turf because of Bragg’s track record handling hardened criminals.

“I know there’s been discussion about New York wanting to extradite this individual,” Mitchell said during a press conference. “This is not aimed at the New York Police Department at all. I know they did a hard job and they did a good job. But we will not be agreeing to extradition.
https://nypost.com/2024/02/21/us-news/a ... ck-to-nyc/
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Good.

He’d be out in 6 days killing someone else if they sent him back…
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

While I suspect she'll be extradicting him at some point and will have to, I agree with her stand on this.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The Arizona charges won't put him away for life.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Seems like a political stunt to me. NYC actually has a lower rate of violent crime than many other large cities.
The comparison showed 2,408 crimes in Phoenix per 100,000 residents, to 1,688 in New York. The murder rate was 6.4 in Phoenix to 5.2 in New York.

In Phoenix, the forcible rape rate was 18.6, while in New York it was 8.0.
https://www.nytimes.com/1964/09/20/arch ... yorks.html
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Stupid political stunt.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"The accused killer has lived in Texas, Florida and Arizona, where his family still lives, and left a trail of busts and crimes along the way, including an open Florida criminal case for which he’s free on bail."

Maybe Florida will want him back?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

"Suspect in Arizona stabbings tied to murder of woman in New York" https://ktar.com/story/5563521/suspect- ... -new-york/
just an old coot 😉🌵
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:49 am Seems like a political stunt to me. NYC actually has a lower rate of violent crime than many other large cities.
The comparison showed 2,408 crimes in Phoenix per 100,000 residents, to 1,688 in New York. The murder rate was 6.4 in Phoenix to 5.2 in New York.

In Phoenix, the forcible rape rate was 18.6, while in New York it was 8.0.
https://www.nytimes.com/1964/09/20/arch ... yorks.html
If course it is. Let them out themselves.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He is being charged with murder, and he has a well documented trail of fleeing and being a danger to the public. Are we seriously thinking he’ll be released on bail in NY? I have serious doubts that Mitchell is genuine in her concern.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic