Chinese migrants are the fastest growing group crossing from Mexico into U.S. at southern border

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The number of migrants arriving at the southern border is unprecedented. Last year, U.S. Customs and Border Protection recorded two-and-a-half million instances of detaining or turning away people attempting to cross into the United States from Mexico.

So what's the fastest growing group among them? Chinese migrants. Yes, you heard that right…Chinese. We saw large groups, including many from the middle class, come through a 4-foot gap at the end of a border fence 60 miles east of San Diego.

The illegal entryway is a new route for those hoping to live in America.

Just after sunrise, we saw the first group of migrants make their way from Mexico…through a gap between the 30 foot steel border fence and rocks.

Ducking under a bit of razor wire and into the United States.

We were surprised to see the number of people coming through from China...nearly 7,000 miles away.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chinese-mi ... ranscript/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sign the border deal.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When you make legal immigration nearly impossible for those who need it the most and refuse asylum seekers, that’s what’s happens, you leave people no choice.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:11 pm Sign the border deal.
Yes! I hope Republicans in Congress read the article.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s a cop out argument. That’s justifying breaking the law because of your circumstances. So if I can’t get something legally, is it OK for me to break the law? If I can’t afford food can I steal it because the supermarket doesn’t offer it for free?
It would be great is the US accepted migrants and asylum seekers and had programs to integrate them to American society. But if it doesn’t that’s not an excuse for people for trying to get in illegally.
Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:22 pm When you make legal immigration nearly impossible for those who need it the most and refuse asylum seekers, that’s what’s happens, you leave people no choice.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:07 pm That’s a cop out argument. That’s justifying breaking the law because of your circumstances. So if I can’t get something legally, is it OK for me to break the law? If I can’t afford food can I steal it because the supermarket doesn’t offer it for free?
It would be great is the US accepted migrants and asylum seekers and had programs to integrate them to American society. But if it doesn’t that’s not an excuse for people for trying to get in illegally.
Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:22 pm When you make legal immigration nearly impossible for those who need it the most and refuse asylum seekers, that’s what’s happens, you leave people no choice.
Crossing the border illegally is not really the same as stealing food. Whether crossing legally or illegally, one can still seek asylum. It's more like speeding on your way to the grocery store.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:07 pm That’s a cop out argument. That’s justifying breaking the law because of your circumstances. So if I can’t get something legally, is it OK for me to break the law? If I can’t afford food can I steal it because the supermarket doesn’t offer it for free?
Most are asylum seekers and that is legal. If they are seeking illegal means, it's likely that the circumstances they left behind were worth the risk. This is like the classic "is it ok to steal medication for your sick wife when you can't afford it" ethical problems. Which is worse, letting them in illegally or letting them die?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:35 pm
Most are asylum seekers and that is legal. If they are seeking illegal means, it's likely that the circumstances they left behind were worth the risk. This is like the classic "is it ok to steal medication for your sick wife when you can't afford it" ethical problems. Which is worse, letting them in illegally or letting them die?
Yes! In order to apply for asylum, you must physically be in the US. How you got here doesn't affect your application. If avenues of legal entry are limited such as visa restrictions or month long waits at border crossings/POEs, you are going to cross the border illegally. The threat you are facing in your home country doesn't go away when legal entry to US is bogged down or restricted. If anything, one should assume that we'll see an upsurge of illegal entry which we are.

Question is, how to fix it. The bipartisan border bill does just that by providing additional funds for border patrol as well as immigration officers at POEs because, like the article stated, asylum seekers would prefer to cross at POEs if there wasn't a 4 month long bloody wait to get an appointment! The border bill also provides funds for infrastructure at the border so Jerry could get the hole in his fence fixed, lol.

Of course another fix offered up for consideration is just shoot them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic