I’m running away from life

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My stbx dh goes on trial March 5th. I’ve posted a little about it here, not much. But I think I’ve decided I’m going to grab the kids out of school March 4th and take off out of state for a couple days until it’s over. I’m looking at going to a hotel with an indoor water park to distract us.

For what it’s worth, stbx is court ordered not allowed to see the kids, so it’s not like I’d be taking away their chance to say goodbye. And since we’re still legally married I can’t be forced to testify against him.

What do we think? Great idea? Terrible idea?m
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

What is he on trial for?
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Everyone needs and deserves time away from drama and chaos, and if it can be managed, do it!
just an old coot 😉🌵
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Do it! It will be good for you and your kids.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Just something to keep in mind, that you might have already thought about, you can’t be forced to testify but you can choose to if neither of you have invoked the privilege. Depending on the circumstances you might want to have the option to testify if given the choice. If not, there’s no harm in taking a break, I would just make sure to have resources available to your kids at that time as well, they may need emotional support even if they are being distracted with something fun.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Sounds like a great idea to me. There's no reason for you to stick around because he has somewhere he has to be even if it's court. Go have fun.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:25 am What is he on trial for?
Short answer, child abuse.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:51 am Just something to keep in mind, that you might have already thought about, you can’t be forced to testify but you can choose to if neither of you have invoked the privilege. Depending on the circumstances you might want to have the option to testify if given the choice. If not, there’s no harm in taking a break, I would just make sure to have resources available to your kids at that time as well, they may need emotional support even if they are being distracted with something fun.
I have considered that but I won’t be testifying for him.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:17 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:51 am Just something to keep in mind, that you might have already thought about, you can’t be forced to testify but you can choose to if neither of you have invoked the privilege. Depending on the circumstances you might want to have the option to testify if given the choice. If not, there’s no harm in taking a break, I would just make sure to have resources available to your kids at that time as well, they may need emotional support even if they are being distracted with something fun.
I have considered that but I won’t be testifying for him.
Would you testify against him? I think it’s a good idea, but I would just make sure to emotionally stay in check with the kids, they might not voice anxieties and feelings they are having. The week my sisters attacker was sentenced my parents took us on a trip and decided they would receive the verdict but wouldn’t discuss it until we got back thinking it would give us a chance to have a “normal” fun weekend and escape it all, but it was still all my sister could think about the whole time.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Have you been subpoenaed ? Have you talked to the prosecutor to find out if they plan to subpoena you? There are exemptions to martial privilege, child abuse is one of them. Why would you invoke martial privilege in a criminal child abuse case?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic