Frozen embryos are ‘children,’ Alabama Supreme Court rules in couples’ wrongful death suits

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Della wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:56 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:35 pm https://x.com/taylormatthewd/status/176 ... JJp08VIsbg

For whatever reason, I can post links to Twitter but they aren’t showing up like they normally do. I highly recommend reading the Twitter thread that I linked and the Media Matters link. Here’s also a screenshot:
I know I sound paranoid, but these Republican christofacists are embedding themselves in all levels of government. It's by design.
I get that. I feel a little like a conspiracy theorist sometimes.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:22 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:35 pm https://x.com/taylormatthewd/status/176 ... JJp08VIsbg

For whatever reason, I can post links to Twitter but they aren’t showing up like they normally do. I highly recommend reading the Twitter thread that I linked and the Media Matters link. Here’s also a screenshot:
Speechless.

Lance Wallnau who has now partnered with Charlie Kirk?

I've started listing to Brad Onishi's "Straight White Jesus" podcast and I don't know whether to thank you or block you😅
lol…I understand.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Please vote wisely ladies.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:50 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:15 pm Can they be claimed as dependents on taxes? Because I still have viable eggs and would love some additional tax breaks...
I'm more interested in claiming those 400 plus bums, I mean, congresspeople in Washington DC but the IRS keeps denying the deduction. Like I'm paying for them to have better healthcare than I can afford. And people complain about the immigrants. Yes we have to secure our borders but At least they'll build our houses and pick our produce for us which is more than I can say for any of our esteemed representatives. Idc which party they're with I'm fed up with everyone equally. And I will keep saying it's damned hypocrisy to talk of protecting embryos when our children still do active shooter drills at school and that's the best we can do for them. When their mental health has suffered since Covid and no one cares. And the Republican party hates food stamps and anything else that will actually benefit living children. The Alabama Supreme Court and their ilk can go perform an unnatural S*x act with themselves far as I'm concerned.
My understanding is the GOP is against anything that would enable a woman to live independently of a man. The "family order" must be maintained with women subservient to men. So SNAP or other support for woman and children that would let a woman leave an abusive marriage are an evil.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm sure the Constitution still says we have freedom of religion yet we are still being forced to follow extremist conservatives' religious beliefs about this issue.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

These guys are off their rockers.

https://www.mediamatters.org/qanon-cons ... t-rhetoric
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Della wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:05 am

It feels as if we've been invaded by the Slitheens.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:09 am
Della wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:05 am

It feels as if we've been invaded by the Slitheens.
Oh my! We're going to need a "cauldron of acetic acid, heated to boiling"...or a lot of ketchup 😘
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:03 am
jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:15 pm Can they be claimed as dependents on taxes? Because I still have viable eggs and would love some additional tax breaks...
I'm more interested in claiming those 400 plus bums, I mean, congresspeople in Washington DC but the IRS keeps denying the deduction. Like I'm paying for them to have better healthcare than I can afford. And people complain about the immigrants. Yes we have to secure our borders but At least they'll build our houses and pick our produce for us which is more than I can say for any of our esteemed representatives. Idc which party they're with I'm fed up with everyone equally. And I will keep saying it's damned hypocrisy to talk of protecting embryos when our children still do active shooter drills at school and that's the best we can do for them. When their mental health has suffered since Covid and no one cares. And the Republican party hates food stamps and anything else that will actually benefit living children. The Alabama Supreme Court and their ilk can go perform an unnatural S*x act with themselves far as I'm concerned.
My understanding is the GOP is against anything that would enable a woman to live independently of a man. The "family order" must be maintained with women subservient to men. So SNAP or other support for woman and children that would let a woman leave an abusive marriage are an evil.
Is this based on any real life experiences with the unavailability of help, or is this based off news stories?

Not sure about other states, but in Arkansas if you’re an abused woman you can get free shelter, free food, free mental health care, free lawyers, and sign up for victim’s reparations so your abuser has to pay you 10 grand, before the civil lawsuits happen.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:15 am
MonarchMom wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:03 am

Is this based on any real life experiences with the unavailability of help, or is this based off news stories?

Not sure about other states, but in Arkansas if you’re an abused woman you can get free shelter, free food, free mental health care, free lawyers, and sign up for victim’s reparations so your abuser has to pay you 10 grand, before the civil lawsuits happen.
For how long?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic