Do you base whether or not you’ll see a movie off of other people’s reviews?

LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I do t care what others think, I’m pretty easy going with movies as long as the story line is good, even if the acting is bad, I will still enjoy it. It has to be really, really bad…..although I do hate an open ended ending. Wrap it up for me please, I’d prefer not to come to my own conclusions.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Strangers? No. Everyone has different tastes. But like my mom and I share alot of interests in movies, tv shows, etc. if she told me something really sucked? Id hear out her reasons why, then if I was still interested, I’d probably wait until I could stream it at home, try watching it, and turn it off early if it didn’t start off strong.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Not really, no. We watch movies based on whether the premise interests us or the people in it interest us or if it's in our genre of interest. Other people's review will carry very little weight.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:46 pm Not at all. I rarely want to see movies in all honesty. I have not really seen a trailer in the last couple of years that was for a movie that I wanted to see.
Trailers can be deceptive as hell though......saw one for Rebel Moon, looked awesome, gave the sense there was a plot to the movie.......the movie was a HORRID disjointed mess. Barely a plot and no character development at all.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm not a movie person at all, but in the rare occasion that a movie I see an ad or commercial for interests me, I don't check reviews or anything before watching it.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't usually base my movie viewing based on other people's reviews. I've learned that I tend to have different tastes than the average person so their reviews often don't reflect whether I'd enjoy it or not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic