Valentine's Day/Husband question

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My DH has always gotten my daughter a V Day gift since the day she was born. She's 16 now. Only her though. He has never gotten our sons anything. I remember asking him way back when why he did this and he said she needs to learn that a man in her life should make her feel special on this day (and in general ). It doesn't bother me at all. Just wondering if your DH gets just your daughter something and not your son?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Oh and of course he always gets me something : )
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

He got our son something until he turned 13…
As of then he was a young man who had to be in on the “getting of the presents” with him lol…
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

My husband was never a gift giver but my dad sent me a Valentine's card with $5 every year for 50 years. I've always given my kids (boy and girl) a box of heart candies - even now that they are adults.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That is just so cute your Dad did that!! I always have gotten all my kids something. Like you said just a little box of chocolates or the Reeses hearts or whatever they like.

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:58 pm My husband was never a gift giver but my dad sent me a Valentine's card with $5 every year for 50 years. I've always given my kids (boy and girl) a box of heart candies - even now that they are adults.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nope. He doesn't get any of us anything. We don't do Valentine's Day here.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We only had a daughter but we would have gotten every child we had a card and a present or candy. Men should also be treated as special on days like birthdays and V-day, etc. I would be appalled if he ignored one child and favored the other.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

We have boys. My parents always send them something-thisnyear it was a box of caramel filled hearts. As for m husband, no, neither of buy for the boys.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nope, it is our daughters birthday so no Valentine's in my house. Anyway I have always hated the day, I would rather my DH do something special on a random day of the year not on a day that it is expected because of societal pressures of a Hallmark holiday.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My DH does the exact same.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic