Jennifer Crumbly

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Do you agree or disagree with her being found guilty?

She's the mother of Ethan Crumbly, the Oxford school shooter.

She knew her son had mental issues. He texted her things like that he was seeing demons. She knew about the sadistic drawings he made. She knew he tortured animals. And when a teacher saw Ethan search "Where to buy ammo" on his phone, she simply texted back that he should work on not getting caught searching for those types of things.

She also bought him the semi automatic he used. He was 15 years old.

I'm glad she was found guilty and I hope the Dad is too. She knew of her son's issues and still bought him a gun. And regardless, even if he was the most picture perfect angel baby face kid ever, a 15 year old doesn't need a semi automatic. My son is almost 15 and he doesn't have the sense God gave a goose. No way would I ever trust him or any 15 year old with a gun.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I absolutely agree.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

She should be found guilty that's a lot of red flags she ignored.
While my ds has owned guns most of his life (starting with a bb gun and working his way up) he doesn't have any need for a semi automatic. His guns are locked in the gun safe in our bedroom that he does not know the code for. Our kids aren't even allowed in the room when we unlock it they can come in when it's open though.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No, I don’t agree.
It opens up way too many doors in future “you should have known” cases.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I feel she's received what she's deserving.
just an old coot 😉🌵
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:24 pm No, I don’t agree.
In this case there was proof she knew. In other case I think there would also need to be proof such as texts, etc.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Genuinely curious, Too many doors for what? Responsible gun ownership? How much do you know about this case? This boy had been telling his parent for years that he had been having disturbing thoughts about harming others, had been torturing animals, and instead of getting him help, they bought him a gun. the day before he had been caught with a drawing and note about shooting up the school and asking for help and they did nothing to restrict his access to that gun. And he murdered four people. He will now be in prison until the day he dies, which is another life taken. They not only should have known, he was blatantly showing them what he was going to do and they helped facilitate it. They need to have responsibility for that.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I do not agree that every school shooters parents should automatically be charged. Slippery slope there. But in THIS case absolutely. Just complete recklessness and ignorance on the part of these parents. I'm glad she was held accountable. Hopefully Dad will be too.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

In this case she did know. She chose to ignore it.

She KNEW her son had mental health issues and that he was seeing demons. She knew he tortured animals. She BOUGHT him a weapon.

The morning of the shooting her son drew a picture of a person with a gun shooting people with the words "The thoughts won't stop. Help me" and the parents left him at school when they should have loaded him into their vehicle and gone to the nearest ER. Whether they would have gotten help at the ER is another matter but they showed willful negligence.

IMHO, the school administration should also be held criminally liable.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

In this case, because of the level of warning signs that were ignored, I one hundred percent agree.

Parents should be aware and taking reasonable precautions, that’s our job, and I’m not talking perfection, we all make mistakes, forget things on occasion so on and so forth. This family didn’t do that, the turned the other cheek, closed their eyes, and neglected their child’s mental health, that neglect lead to the death of 4 individuals.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic