Jennifer Crumbly

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I hadn't heard she was found guilty but I am glad she was. There is overwhelming evidence that they both knew their son had problems and needed help and they just blew it off. It almost seems as if they thought it was a joke. They are just as guilty of his crime because they absolutely gave him everything he needed to carry it out.

People need to know that parenting is serious business and if your child has a problem you can't just ignore it and hope it goes away.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I support the verdict.

I understand that no parent is perfect and by the Grace of God go I, but these loons made no attempt to get him help & and provided him with a weapon. I am not even sure this is a slippery slope, as it seems like there is a clearly defined line of guilt.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't think any child needs a semi-automatic especially a 15-year-old with obvious mental problems. I've no problem with kids learning to shoot or hunt. My son took shooting merit badges in scouting. I believe he learned rifle and shotgun. When I was a teen a lot of kids hunted. I am okay with that if they're stable and their parents are responsible people. But there's a limit and these parents turned a blind eye. Did they even take him to therapy or address his violent tendencies? Idk but I'm okay with them being charged in this case.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:55 pm I don't think any child needs a semi-automatic especially a 15-year-old with obvious mental problems. I've no problem with kids learning to shoot or hunt. My son took shooting merit badges in scouting. I believe he learned rifle and shotgun. When I was a teen a lot of kids hunted. I am okay with that if they're stable and their parents are responsible people. But there's a limit and these parents turned a blind eye. Did they even take him to therapy or address his violent tendencies? Idk but I'm okay with them being charged in this case.
Even if I truly didn't know about anything else, the minute I found out my son was torturing animals he'd be committed. The fact that they blew that off just shows they think it's OK and should be locked up on those grounds regardless.
PrincessLaLa
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It's bad enough that all of the warning signs were ignored, but handing him a gun? Yes, I think that's criminal.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:50 am
Pjmm wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:55 pm I don't think any child needs a semi-automatic especially a 15-year-old with obvious mental problems. I've no problem with kids learning to shoot or hunt. My son took shooting merit badges in scouting. I believe he learned rifle and shotgun. When I was a teen a lot of kids hunted. I am okay with that if they're stable and their parents are responsible people. But there's a limit and these parents turned a blind eye. Did they even take him to therapy or address his violent tendencies? Idk but I'm okay with them being charged in this case.
Even if I truly didn't know about anything else, the minute I found out my son was torturing animals he'd be committed. The fact that they blew that off just shows they think it's OK and should be locked up on those grounds regardless.
Isn't that how Jeffrey Dahmer started out as a kid? Killing and dissecting animals on his own? And I think his dad just blew it off. Look how that turned out.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:44 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:50 am
Isn't that how Jeffrey Dahmer started out as a kid? Killing and dissecting animals on his own? And I think his dad just blew it off. Look how that turned out.
His father taught him how to bleach and preserve bones. I looked it up because I have a cousin that used to be interested in taxidermy. It's said that Dahmer beheaded a dog and stuck the head on a stick so yeah. And his father encouraged his interest in bones and dissection.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic