Do you have a go-bag?

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

For leaving the house on short notice, yes. We have had to evacuate in the past due to storms.

To escape my domestic situation? No. I would not stay in a marriage if I thought I needed to be prepared to physically flee.

I have always supported myself and had my own resources. The bulk of our finances are jointly owned, but I have always had an income stream of my own. I believe everyone should have the ability to support themselves and handle finances confidently. That is part of being an adult.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

In general, no. I don't see the need for one and I'm the only one in the house that knows where everything is.... However when it's wildfire season and depending on how close the fires are I tend to prepare one for that time. That's only happened once so far where they were close enough to town that I was prepping in case they got closer.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Honest question.

Are you okay?
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have a go bag for emergencies. I have one for all my kids and my dh. Life is crazy with weather, floods, fires. I want to be ready if we had to leave home fast.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No.. I do not and see no reason to have one. We have joint accounts although I do have a credit card solely in my name, a ROTH in my name and a checking account in my name. I do not teach my kids to have one either. It's never crossed my mind.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

For emergencies, we both have one.

But as far as my marital relationship, no and never felt the need for one. We've been married what will be 38 years and he is my life as I am his. We also share joint accounts, banking-wise.

We're old-fashioned in many respects but that's US and I feel that whatever works for the individual is what's best for them.
just an old coot πŸ˜‰πŸŒ΅
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

For emergencies, we both have one.

But as far as my marital relationship, no and never felt the need for one. We've been married what will be 38 years and he is my life as I am his. We also share joint accounts, banking-wise.

We're old-fashioned in many respects but that's US and I feel that whatever works for the individual is what's best for them.
just an old coot πŸ˜‰πŸŒ΅
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Never heard of such a thing.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Oh wow. No I don't. Only time I ever did was in the case of a hurricane. Never even thought about it in the sense you are talking. I have a great marriage and can't see a situation where I would leave my husband immediately. I have been a SAHM for 26 years. I have protected myself financially as I am not stupid. But a literal bag with clothes, documents etc- no. I have no idea what my DH would think about this. I'll ask him.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Only during tornado season for when we need to head to the basement in a hurry. Otherwise, no, I don’t.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic