Best Grammy Awards show ever!

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Really enjoyed just about every performance and award during last night's Grammy Awards show. Some legendary performances live on stage - Tracy Chapman, Joni Mitchell, Billy Joel, Annie Lennox, Fantasia - and Miley Cyrus stole the show! Among the presenters were Celine Dion, Meryl Steep, Lenny Kravitz, Oprah Winfrey and Lionel Ritchie. Even the host, Trevor Noah, was great.

I know a lot of folks will say "I never watch, I don't even know who any of the musicians are" but I think that is your loss. So many amazing and talented young artists with a lot to say, and many distinguished icons of music. It was a very positive and inspiring event.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I agree. The Tracy Chapman/Luke Combs duet was just fantastic. And I loved Taylor Swift (and others) standing up and singing along. Jay Z was an asshole for his comment but like you said the wonderful performers and legends like Billy Joel and Mitchell overshadowed it. Best awards show in a long time!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:36 am I agree. The Tracy Chapman/Luke Combs duet was just fantastic. And I loved Taylor Swift (and others) standing up and singing along. Jay Z was an asshole for his comment but like you said the wonderful performers and legends like Billy Joel and Mitchell overshadowed it. Best awards show in a long time!
I may not know all the newer performers but I still want to hear what they have to say. This is what our children and grandchildren are listening to, and I want to understand the message and appeal.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I never watch these shows, but this was actually really great except for the stupid speech by Jay Z.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I didn't even know it was happening and don't really care what musicians have to say. I'm more of a book person than a music person anyways.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

😐 I didn't even know it was on. My husband was watching "Griselda" and I was studying.

Sounds like some great performances.

I'm not into watching award shows any longer but would have loved to have seen Annie Lennox and Tracy Chapman.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Tracy Chapman and Luke Combs brought me to tears! I watched alone and at first wanted to share and then decided to just relish by myself. The emotions were just so personal and raw.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't watch award shows and never have. The only thing I did was pull up the Billie Eilish performance on youtube for my 15 year old. I had seen that she was performing and then forgot to tell my Billie obsessed child so I pulled it up on my laptop and we watched those 4 minutes and that was it. I didn't realize that song was from Barbie because I never saw the movie and I looked at my kid and said : Hold on..she sang that at the concert in September.. I didn't know it was from Barbie. She looked at me like I was nuts and said yes mom..did you not hear her talk about it at the concert? Ummm..no..there were tons of screaming teens next to me. ROFL
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Eh - I’m a country music girl. While there are country music Grammies, the majority are pop. I like Miley Cyrus. The rest mean nothing.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I forgot they were on, but I have since listened to the Tracy Chapman and Luke Combs performance multiple times. I love them both.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic