What would your reaction be if your son did this?

Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:15 am Two boys were caught peeing into a third students water bottle. A student saw them doing it. He then apparently told them to stop. They didn’t so he hit them.

Would you say all three deserve the same punishment?
It would 100% depend on what my son was doing. If he was one of the boys peeing into a water bottle, I'd encourage the victim to file charges and do everything I could to help them. If he was the one telling the others to stop, I'd take him out for a steak dinner.

We tell all of our kids: We don't want you fighting, there are other usually more effective ways to resolve conflict. But, if you're defending yourself or or friends, we will fight the school on your behalf. You are 100% allowed to defend yourself.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Normally I would agree, but schools rarely dish out appropriate discipline. I mean, we hear often enough about schools punishing the bully target worse than the bullies themselves for simply defending themselves.

Yeah, the kid should have told someone what they were doing, but kids can't regulate and operate like adults and we cannot expect them to know what to do in the moment, esp if witnessing something that grotesque. I admit my knee jerk reaction would be to strike at them too or knock the bottle away.

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:47 pm All were doing things that broke behavioral expectations, thus all should be punished. Whether all punishments should be the same is a matter for administration to decide. However, there were options available other than hitting his peers. He could have told a teacher, removed the water bottle, notified the boy who owns the water bottle, etc. Hitting others in a school setting reserved for self defense IMO.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:47 pm All were doing things that broke behavioral expectations, thus all should be punished. Whether all punishments should be the same is a matter for administration to decide. However, there were options available other than hitting his peers. He could have told a teacher, removed the water bottle, notified the boy who owns the water bottle, etc. Hitting others in a school setting reserved for self defense IMO.
This! I can't believe those advocating for violence over a disgusting prank.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:29 am
It’s the law of nature…

Throughout all of history, thousands of years…You know what keeps vile men in check? Stronger men.

That’s not just a disgusting prank, that’s something that could get you serious jail time. And Jail time comes with a MUCH bigger threat of violence than the high school kid who’s trying to stop you from assaulting someone.

So as far as the water bottle pisser goes, he can learn REAL QUICK with a punch to the side of the head what kind of consequences come from that kind of prank, or they can learn excruciatingly slow what kind of consequences come from that kind of prank.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hitting is completely unacceptable unless it's self-defense or done in the defense of others.. Hitting should not be the solution to a problem.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I think a lot of us are counting this as in the defense of others…
EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:56 am Hitting is completely unacceptable unless it's self-defense or done in the defense of others.. Hitting should not be the solution to a problem.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Honestly I'd be shocked if he was any of them. He's not perfect by far but he doesn't like touching others and he's not one to think peeing in a water bottle is funny.
I'm not sure what I would do but if he was the one peeing it would be drastic. If he punched the boys to stand up for whoevers water bottle it is well good for you for standing up for them.
But he would be far more likely to just tell the person so they don't drink it.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My reaction would depend on age of my son.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You are honestly surprised? There is justification for using deadly force everyday in this country…being ok with someone punching over a prank albeit disgusting prank is small peanuts compared to taking a life.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well maybe as an alternative then the kid could've grabbed the water bottle and poured the urine back on the heads of those who pissed in it in the first place. Then they could live out the rest of their school days known as Piss Hair.

Anyone that would use their own bodily waste as a weapon or a prank doesn't deserve any kind of consideration and deserves whatever they get in retaliation.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic