Cops allegedly beaten by rowdy migrant mob near Times Square — with suspects later freed without bail: horrifying video

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:03 pm
Lexy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:00 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:56 pm

The NYPD says those arrested were:

The Manhattan District Attorney's office said four of the five suspects were released with no bail, charged with assault on a police officer, gang assault, obstructing governmental administration, and disorderly conduct. The fifth is awaiting arraignment.

I'm assuming "the fifth" is Reveron since he is the only one that had priors. Police don't have the ability to deport (except in Texas) and certainly not deport before trial/sentencing.
Well a shit show will be expected in NYC, Chicago, Denver and Boston.
Why?
Do you really think thousands of young men roaming the streets of NYC will end well?

Harlem had to put a curfew in effect from 11 PM to 6 AM to keep the neighborhood safe and prevent migrants from knocking on doors in the middle of the night.

Denver is also in a mess.

I want to know one city where this is working out well.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:11 pm

Why?
Do you really think thousands of young men roaming the streets of NYC will end well?

Harlem had to put a curfew in effect from 11 PM to 6 AM to keep the neighborhood safe and prevent migrants from knocking on doors in the middle of the night.

Abbott's political stunt of bussing masses of migrants to "Blue" cities is a bitch, I'll give you that.

Just to add, two of the five weren't migrants.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why?

You really don't like freeloaders, lol. Maybe NYC should eliminate theirs.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:28 pm

Why?

Abbott's political stunt of bussing masses of migrants to "Blue" cities is a bitch, I'll give you that.

I agree. The problems NYC is having is Greg Abbott's fault. I understand he is not in the best positon but at the end of the day, he sent people to these cities to instigate conflict.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Why?

What were they knocking on the doors for?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:45 pm

Why?

I don't know if migrants were knocking on doors, but the curfew was put into effect for the shelters, not for Harlem. In my experience, it's kind of normal for shelters to have curfews at least the homeless shelters I know about in Virginia. I'm surprised that NYC didn't have curfews in place.

ETA: I googled. Evidentially, NYC does have a curfew in place for shelters but not for migrant shelters. They have implemented a curfew for the migrant shelters that house single adults. Some of the migrants were leaving the shelters at night asking residents for food and money, and scouring residential garbage cans for recyclables.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It’s inhumane to see a problem, and it’s only going to get worse…

Buckle up.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:58 pm

I don't know if migrants were knocking on doors, but the curfew was put into effect for the shelters, not for Harlem. In my experience, it's kind of normal for shelters to have curfews at least the homeless shelters I know about in Virginia. I'm surprised that NYC didn't have curfews in place.

ETA: I googled. Evidentially, NYC does have a curfew in place for shelters but not for migrant shelters. They have implemented a curfew for the migrant shelters that house single adults. Some of the migrants were leaving the shelters at night asking residents for food and money, and scouring residential garbage cans for recyclables.
https://www.fox5ny.com/news/nyc-migrant ... ts-tuesday
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:58 pm

Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:20 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:28 pm

I agree. The problems NYC is having is Greg Abbott's fault. I understand he is not in the best positon but at the end of the day, he sent people to these cities to instigate conflict.
What is Texas suppose to do when in December over 300,000 arrived in Texas? NYC was saying loud and clear we will give sanctuary to anyone who needs it!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic