How can I feel better about this

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:42 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:32 pm Was there a lot of damage to your car? And how couldn't the police find this person since you gave them the plate?? They can look it up, no? IDK. Sorry this happened and hopefully your insurance takes care of it. That person has some nerve just running off like that.
Thank you very much.
I did take down the plate number but it wasn't correct so that is why they were unable to find them. I only realized a few days ago that what I initially wrote down was wrong ( z's and 2's). Fortunately we have full coverage so the insurance will take care of it. It's not much damage. It's just the principle of the matter that's bothering me I think. It's awkward to me. The fact they could just drive off without even attempting to do the right thing. It makes me think they could be hiding something, like not having insurance, or even illegal drugs. Who knows.
Have you given the photo of the tag to your insurance company?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:46 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:32 pm Was there a lot of damage to your car? And how couldn't the police find this person since you gave them the plate?? They can look it up, no? IDK. Sorry this happened and hopefully your insurance takes care of it. That person has some nerve just running off like that.
Thank you very much.
I did take down the plate number but it wasn't correct so that is why they were unable to find them. I only realized a few days ago that what I initially wrote down was wrong ( z's and 2's). Fortunately we have full coverage so the insurance will take care of it. It's not much damage. It's just the principle of the matter that's bothering me I think. It's awkward to me. The fact they could just drive off without even attempting to do the right thing. It makes me think they could be hiding something, like not having insurance, or even illegal drugs. Who knows.
I can't find it now. :( But I've been behind them twice in the last two weeks, I guess I could take a new picture. Do you think they would find it relevant now even a month later?
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Have you contacted the school to see if there are cameras? Our building has cameras that cover the entire parking and pick up line for both parents and busses.

On to your next issue—the person likely didn’t have insurance and that is why they drove away. For as angry as you are, and annoyed they are likely equally paranoid that they will get caught.

At this point you can either try to let it go, or you can try to get past it. Either way, the situation is over, and dwelling on it at this point isn’t going to change it.

Good luck coming to peace.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:30 pm Have you contacted the school to see if there are cameras? Our building has cameras that cover the entire parking and pick up line for both parents and busses.

On to your next issue—the person likely didn’t have insurance and that is why they drove away. For as angry as you are, and annoyed they are likely equally paranoid that they will get caught.

At this point you can either try to let it go, or you can try to get past it. Either way, the situation is over, and dwelling on it at this point isn’t going to change it.

Quite possibly they just don't want their rates to go up.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:50 pm

Thank you very much.
I can't find it now. :( But I've been behind them twice in the last two weeks, I guess I could take a new picture. Do you think they would find it relevant now even a month later?
It won't hurt to let them know.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I hit a pole once and didn’t realize it, it is very possible that this person also did not realize it.

I’d have talked to them the next time I saw them. At this point the only person being bothered and having their life affected is you. Either talk to them, or let it go.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:30 pm Have you contacted the school to see if there are cameras? Our building has cameras that cover the entire parking and pick up line for both parents and busses.

Thank you. The line is so long it goes back to a street and I was on the street, parked & waiting for the line to start moving, when it happened. The school did contact an adjacent business nearby to see if they were able to get the footage but there was a tree blocking the view of where we were.I am definitely trying to let it go. I don't want to feel like this.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:51 am I hit a pole once and didn’t realize it, it is very possible that this person also did not realize it.

I’d have talked to them the next time I saw them. At this point the only person being bothered and having their life affected is you. Either talk to them, or let it go.
I'm trying to let it go for sure. I don't want to feel like this. I do know they knew though. I could see her face in my rear view mirror and it was the look of "Oh ****!"
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:53 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:50 pm

It won't hurt to let them know.
THank you, I'll try to get a new pic when I can and send it in.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:59 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:55 pm Since you are there everyday, you might want to ask if there are any witnesses to the event. If so, get their contact info and turn over to the insurance company. Let them handle everything.

If you have to interact with this person just say "my insurance company will get in touch. I can't discuss this with you." Leave it at that.

I'm sorry you are also dealing with anxiety and depression. There are resources for support, resources and peer groups at https://nami.org/help
Thank you so much. I will check out that site now.
We stay in our cars and the kids come out as the line moves so I have never interacted with them. Do you think it would be weird to get out of my car next time and talk to them? Even though it's been over a month?
I honestly wouldn’t try to talk to them. If they hit you and drove away, they don’t want to take responsibility and I would be worried that a confrontation could be dangerous for you. If there were any possible witnesses around you, I would try to talk to them. Otherwise, I know it’s frustrating that they can just get away with it, but if you’ve reached the extent of what you can do, I would focus on the healthiest way for me to move on. Are you actively seeing a professor for your anxiety and depression? They can help a lot with techniques to get through seeing them without panicking.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic